This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Compensation Logic for EPS in Limit Cornering Condition
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper proposes steering compensation logic of Electric Power Steering (EPS) system in limit cornering condition. Steering wheel torque is decided by relationships between internal forces and external forces. The internal forces are steering frictions and assist force. The external forces are transferred from tire forces through kingpin axis and steering system. Kingpin moments are analyzed by using vector analysis and tire model. Relations of these forces are defined and used to explain steering disturbance by comparing simulation results and measurement data. Using these relationships, the proposed compensation logic is designed. This logic is verified by simulation models and validated in proto type vehicle.
CitationLee, H. and Lee, J., "Development of Compensation Logic for EPS in Limit Cornering Condition," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1422, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1422.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Cho, Y.G., “Vehicle Steering Returnability with Maximum Steering Wheel Angle at Low Speeds,” Int. J. Automotive Technology 10(4):431-439, 2009.
- Kim, D.H., Tak, T.O., Kuk, M.G., Park, J.S. et al., “Evaluation and Experimental Validation of Steering Efforts Considering Tire Static Friction Torque and Suspension and Steering Systems Characteristics,” SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-3641, 2007, doi:10.4271/2007-01-3641.
- Kurishige, M., Wada, S., Kifuku, T., Inoue, N. et al., “A New EPS Control Strategy to Improve Steering Wheel Returnability,” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-0815, 2000, doi:10.4271/2000-01-0815.
- Milliken, W.F. and Milliken, D.L., Race Car Vehicle Dynamics (SAE International, 1995).
- Pfeffer, P.E. and Harrer, M., “On-Center Steering Wheel Torque Characteristics During Steady State Cornering,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0502, 2008, doi:10.4271/2008-01-0502.
- Radt, H.S. and Milliken, W.F., “Motion of Skidding Automobiles,” SAE Technical Paper 600133, 1960, doi:10.4271/600133.
- Schmitt, P.D., “Prediction of Static Steering Torque During Brakes-Applied Parking Maneuvers,” SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3430, 2003, doi:10.4271/2003-01-3430.
- Wang, J., Wang, Q., Jin, L., and Song, C., “Independent Wheel Torque Control of 4WD Electric Vehicle for Differential Drive Assisted Steering,” Mechatronics 21:63-76, 2011.