This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Structural Optimization of an Vehicle Seat Cushion Bolster Wrinkle Improvement
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In recent years, a problem about car seat covering wrinkles rate are gradually increasing. So think that first have to understand the principle of how the wrinkles are occurred at vehicle seat. In this research, the focus is seat cushion bolster wrinkles. For understand about cushion bolster wrinkles, so set the three goals as below. (1) Understand the wrinkle’s occurred mechanism. (2) Suggest a design solution for cushion bolster wrinkle by using DFSS1 analysis. (3) Optimize the solution to robust the wrinkle performance.
CitationWang, T., "Structural Optimization of an Vehicle Seat Cushion Bolster Wrinkle Improvement," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1420, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1420.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- Murata, S., Ito, H., and Sopher, S. , “Polyurethane-Free Lightweight Automotive Seat,” SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. (3):2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-1033.
- Fallon, L. and Hendricks, A. , “Test Method for Seat Wrinkling and Bagginess,” SAE Technical Paper 2012-01-0509 , 2012, doi:10.4271/2012-01-0509.
- Kumari, S. , “Research to Explore Different Failures and their Countermeasures in Automotive Seating Fabrics,” SAE Technical Papers 2013-26-0076 , 2013.
- Gillette, T. , “Expanded Polypropylene Replacement of ABS in a Seat Bolster System,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1471 , 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-1471.
- Serber, H. , “Dynamic Seating: Counter Balanced Motion (Cbm),” Automotive Technology Group, Inc. in United States 1997-20-0107.
- Human Accom and Design Devices Stds Comm , “Motor Vehicle Seat Dimensions,” SAE International in United States, Ground Vehicle Standard J2732_200806.
- Choi, H., Ko, J., Song, J., and Woo, S. , “Polyurethane Reactive (PUR) Adhesive to Improve Heat Resistance for Car Seat Attachment Techniques,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0491 , 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-0491.