Target Setting for the Stiffness of Local Mounting Area in the Vehicle Body for NVH and R&H
Published March 25, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Downloadable datasets for this paper availableAnnotation of this paper is available
Performance criterion of local stiffness in BIW(Body in White) for NVH(Noise, Vibration, and Harshness) and R&H (Ride and Handling) are presented in this study. A process to develop the local stiffness of the vehicle body has been established for the performances. For handling performance, not only suspension bush stiffness but local stiffness in BIW structure is important. However, there is no good standard to describe handling performance using BIW local stiffness. In this paper, a new evaluation standard for local stiffness in BIW is developed and verified considering actual vehicle driving condition for handling performance. Also, new evaluation process regarding local stiffness in BIW for vibration transmissibility is presented. The new process is developed considering optimal relation between connecting bush stiffness and BIW local stiffness. It is shown that the interior noise of the vehicle is reduced by applying the evaluation process, which is verified through several cases.
CitationKim, Y. and Lee, J., "Target Setting for the Stiffness of Local Mounting Area in the Vehicle Body for NVH and R&H," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1418, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1418.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Duncan, A., Su, F., and Wolf, W. “Understanding NVH Basics,” in Proceedings of the 1996 International Body Engineering Conference, 1996.
- Duncan, A, Goetchius, G, and Guan, J , “Structure Borne Noise Workshop,” 2013.
- Do, L.W. , “An Improvement Research of Under-floor of Midsize Sedan-Focusing on 2010 New YF Sonata Development Examples,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0772 , 2011, doi:10.4271/2011-01-0772.
- Hadjit, R., Kyuse, M., and Umehara, K. , “Analysis of the Contribution of Body Flexibility to the Handling and Ride Comfort Performance of Passenger Cars,” SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0946 , 2010, doi:10.4271/2010-01-0946.
- Ottaiano, S.A., Geluk, T., Teipen, E., and El-Kafafy, M. , “Trimmed Body Static Stiffness Identification Using Dynamic Measurements: Test Methodology and Correlation with CAE Results,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1496 , 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-1496.