This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Mobile Laser Trackers for Aircraft Manufacturing: Increasing Accuracy and Productivity of Robotic Applications for Large Parts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
The demand for higher production rates of large parts in aircraft industry requests more flexible manufacturing solutions. High-accurate mobile robots show a promising alternative in comparison with high-invest special machines. With mobile robot-based solutions processes can be executed simultaneously which increases the productivity significantly. However, the freedom of mobility results in insufficient positioning accuracy of these machines. Hence fast and accurate referencing processes are required to achieve cost-effectiveness and meet production tolerances. In this publication a Mobile Laser Tracker (MLT) system and a holistic approach for future manufacturing systems with mobile robots will be introduced and discussed.
- Christoph Brillinger - Fraunhofer IFAM
- Hendrik Susemihl - MABI Robotic
- Fabian Ehmke - FFT Produktionssysteme GmbH & Co KG
- Till Staude - Fraunhofer IFAM
- Kevin Deutmarg - Fraunhofer IFAM
- Maximilian Klemstein - Fraunhofer IFAM
- Christian Boehlmann - Fraunhofer IFAM
- Wolfgang Hintze - Hamburg University of Technology
- Jörg Wollnack - Hamburg University of Technology
CitationBrillinger, C., Susemihl, H., Ehmke, F., Staude, T. et al., "Mobile Laser Trackers for Aircraft Manufacturing: Increasing Accuracy and Productivity of Robotic Applications for Large Parts," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1368, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1368.
- Airbus S.A.S ., Orders & Deliveries, The Month in Review: October 2018, www.airbus.com.
- “Boeing: Orders & Deliveries,” Orders through November 9, 2018, www.boeing.com.
- Uriarte, L. et al. , “Machine Tools for Large Parts,” in CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 2013, S. 731-750.
- Fraunhofer IFAM Press Releases , “Robot on Demand: Mobile Machining of Aircraft Components with High Precision, http://www.ifam.fraunhofer.de/en/Press_Releases/robot_on_demand.html, November 30, 2016.
- Logemann, T. , “Mobile Robot Assembly Cell (RACe) for Drilling and Fastening,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-2078 , 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-2078.
- Leica Geosystems AG , “Leica AT930/AT960 - User Manual,” Version 1.2, English, 2015.
- Mabi Robotic AG , “Datenblatt - TAXI 1000,” 2018.
- Susemihl, H., Brillinger, C., Stürmer, S., Hansen, S. et al. , “Referencing Strategies for High Accuracy Machining of Large Aircraft Components with Mobile Robotic Systems,” SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2166 , 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-2166.
- Schwartz, A. , “Einführung in die Graphentheorie”, Lecture Notes, 2013, http://www.mathematik.uni-wuerzburg.de/∼schwartz.
- Susemihl, H., Moeller, C., Kothe, S., Schmidt, H. et al. , “High Accuracy Mobile Robotic System for Machining of Large Aircraft Components,” (SAE Hrsg.): SAE International Journal of Aerospace 9(2):2016, 2016.