This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Tuning Aircraft Engines with OptiStruct Rotor Dynamics Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
It is typical in aircraft engine design to explore new configurations in a constant effort to achieve greater efficiency with respect to various considerations. An integral component of this process requires a complete and robust simulation of rotor dynamics. Tuning the design with results of rotor dynamics simulations can be made possible with a tool that has adequate modeling techniques to capture the physics associated with engine behavior under various operating conditions accurately.
|Technical Paper||A Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of a Representative Aircraft Power System|
|Technical Paper||Towards a Model-Based Energy System Design Process|
|Technical Paper||A paraglider longitudinal flight mechanics modeling|
CitationPatnaik, U., Saiki, J., and Arcos, I., "Tuning Aircraft Engines with OptiStruct Rotor Dynamics Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1366, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1366.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- Rajasekhar, M., “Dynamic Analysis, identification and Control Studies of Aero-engine Model Rotor-Bearing Systems,” Ph.D. thesis, Mechanical Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology, Rourkela, 2016.
- Genta, G., Dynamics of Rotating Systems (New York: Springer, 2005), doi:10.1007/0-387-28687-X.
- NPTEL, “Theory and Practice of Rotor Dynamics,” https://nptel.ac.in/courses/112103024/#, accessed Jan. 2019.
- Maurice, L. and Adams, Rotating Machinery Vibration: From Analysis to Troubleshooting (New York: Marcel Dekker Inc., 2001).
- Nelson, H.D. and McVaugh, J.M., “The Dynamics of Rotor-Bearing Systems Using Finite Elements,” ASME J. Eng. Ind. 98:593-600, 1976.
- Geradin, M. and Kill, N., “A New Approach to Finite Element Modeling of Flexible Rotors,” Engineering Computations 1:52, 1984.