This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Auto-Generation of Calibration Guides from MATLAB® Simulink®
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 19, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: AeroTech Americas
With the inception of model-based design and automatic code generation, many organizations are developing controls and diagnostics algorithms in model-based development tools to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Advances in model-based design have made it easier to generate C code from models and help software engineers streamline their workflow. Typically, after the software has been developed, the models are handed over to a calibration team responsible for calibrating the features to meet specified customer and regulatory requirements. However, once the models are handed over to the calibration team, the calibration engineers are unaware of how to calibrate the features because documentation is not available. Typically, model documentation trails behind the software process because it is created manually, most of this time is spent on formatting. As a result, lack of model documentation or up-to date documentation causes a lot of pain for OEM’s and Tier 1 suppliers. This paper will explore the auto-generation of documentation from Simulink® models. The format and contents of the auto-generated document will be reviewed in this paper. This paper will also describe the use of MATLAB® and Simulink® Report Generator API’s (Application Program Interface) to extract relevant information from the models to display in the document. Theory will be put in practice to show that documentation can be built into the software model to help reduce turnaround time of software and documentation.
CitationSundar, B. and Allen, W., "The Auto-Generation of Calibration Guides from MATLAB® Simulink®," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1332, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1332.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
- SAE Dynamic Modeling and Simulation Committee, “Model Description Documentation Recommended Practice for Ground Vehicle System and Subsystem Simulation,” SAE Standard J2998_201401, Rev. Jan. 2014.
- Science Learning Hub, “Scientific Modelling,” https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/575-scientific-modelling, accessed Dec. 19, 2018.
- Mathworks, “Simulink,” https://www.mathworks.com/help/simulink/, accessed Dec. 03, 2018.
- Vitkin, L. and Fallahi, A., “The Role of the Data Dictionary in the Model-Based Development Process,” SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0919, 2009, doi:10.4271/2009-01-0919.
- Oh, W., Shin, J., Kim, W., Kwon, H. et al., “Model Based Development Process (MBDP) for the Embedded System in Vehicle,” SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0748, 2008, doi:10.4271/2008-01-0748.
- Mathworks, “Simulink,” https://www.mathworks.com/help/pdf_doc/simulink/sl_using.pdf, accessed Jan. 27, 2019.