This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Accurate Pressure Control Strategy of Electronic Stability Program Based on the Building Characteristics of High-Speed Switching Valve
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The Electronic Stability Program (ESP), as a key actuator of traditional automobile braking system, plays an important role in the development of intelligent vehicles by accurately controlling the pressure of wheels. However, the ESP is a highly nonlinear controlled object due to the changing of the working temperature, humidity, and hydraulic load. In this paper, an accurate pressure control strategy of single wheel during active braking of ESP is proposed, which doesn’t rely on the specific parameters of the hydraulic system and ESP. First, the structure and working principle of ESP have been introduced. Then, we discuss the possibility of Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control based on the mathematical model of the high-speed switching valve. Subsequently, the pressure building characteristics of the inlet and outlet valves are analyzed by the hardware in the Loop (HiL) experimental platform. After that, the single closed loop pressure control strategy for the inlet valve and the cascade control strategy for the outlet valve are designed. Finally, the parameters of the control strategy are set and verified through the HiL test bench. The experimental results show that the designed control strategy could ensure that the actual pressure is accurately stabilized near the target pressure under different working conditions.
CitationChen, Z., Wu, J., and Zhu, B., "Accurate Pressure Control Strategy of Electronic Stability Program Based on the Building Characteristics of High-Speed Switching Valve," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-1107, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1107.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Cheli, F., Melzi, S., and Sabbioni, E., “Development of an ESP Control Logic Based on Force Measurements Provided by Smart Tires,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6(1):43-51, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-0416.
- Chen, Z., Wu, J., Zhao, J., He, R. et al., “ABS Control Algorithm Based on Direct Slip Rate for Hybrid Brake System,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0830, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-0830.
- Qi, X., Song, J., and Wang, H., “Influence of Hydraulic ABS Parameters on Solenoid Valve Dynamic Response and Braking Effect,” SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1590, 2005, doi:10.4271/2005-01-1590.
- Zhu, K., Linyi, G.U., Chen, Y., and Wei, L.I., “High Speed On/Off Valve Control Hydraulic Propeller,” Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 25(3):463-473, 2012.
- Park, S.H., “Design and Performance Characteristic Analysis of Servo Valve-Type Water Hydraulic Poppet Valve,” Journal of Mechanical Science & Technology 23(9):2468-2478, 2009, doi:10.1007/s12206-009-0705-9.
- Sorniotti, A. and Velardocchia, M., “Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) Testing of ESP (Electronic Stability Program) Commercial Hydraulic Units and Implementation of New Control Strategies,” in Brake Colloquium & Exhibition, 2005.
- Yang, X., Li, J., Miao, H., and Shi, Z.T., “Hydraulic Pressure Control and Parameter Optimization of Integrated Electro-Hydraulic Brake System,” in Brake Colloquium & Exhibition, 2017.
- Morgando, A., “Linear Approach to ESP Control Logic Design,” SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1017, 2006, doi:10.4271/2006-01-1017.
- Meng, A. and Song, J., “Linear Control Performance Improvement of High Speed On-Off Valve Controlled by PWM,” SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 8(2):283-292, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2672.
- Zhao, X., Li, L., Song, J., Li, C. et al., “Linear Control of Switching Valve in Vehicle Hydraulic Control Unit Based on Sensorless Solenoid Position Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 63(7):4073-4085, 2016.
- Zhao, J., Hu, Z., and Zhu, B., “Pressure Control for Hydraulic Brake System Equipped with an Electro-Mechanical Brake Booster,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0829, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-0829.
- Zhao, J., Huang, J., and Zhu, B., “Modelling and Validation for an Electro-Hydraulic Braking System Equipped with the Electro-Mechanical Booster,” SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0828, 2018, doi:10.4271/2018-01-0828.
- Liu, H., He, R., Wu, J., Sun, W. et al., “Linear Electro-Magnetic Valve Characteristic Analysis and Precise Pressure Control of the Electro-Hydraulic Brake System,” SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-0093, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-0093.
- Wang, Q., Hui, W.U., Xia, G., and Zhang, W., “Analysis and Optimization of Switching Characteristics of High Speed On-Off Solenoid Valve Based on PWM Control Mode,” Journal of Hefei University of Technology, 2016.
- Tu, H.C., Rannow, M.B., Wang, M., Li, P.Y. et al., “Modeling and Validation of a High Speed Rotary PWM On/Off Valve,” 629-636, 2009, doi:10.1115/DSCC2009-2763.
- Xue-Le, Q.I., Jian, S., Wang, H.Y., and Liang, L.I., “Modeling and Analysis of Vehicle ESP Hydraulic Control Device Using AMESim,” Machine Tool & Hydraulics, 2005.