This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effects of Nitrided and Chrome Plated Die Surface Roughness on Friction in Bending Under Tension
ISSN: 2641-9637, e-ISSN: 2641-9645
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Shih, H., "Effects of Nitrided and Chrome Plated Die Surface Roughness on Friction in Bending Under Tension," SAE Int. J. Adv. & Curr. Prac. in Mobility 1(4):1517-1521, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-1093.
- Swift, H.W. , “Plastic Bending Under Tension,” Engineering 3:333-359, 1948.
- Meulemen, D.J. and Dwyer, T.E. , “Die materials and Treatments with Electrogalvanized Steels,” SAE Technical Paper 880369 , 1988, doi:10.4271/880369.
- Wilson, W.R.D., Malkani, H.G., and Saha, P.K. , “Boundary Friction Measurements Using a New Sheet Metal Forming Simulator,” Proc. NAMRC, 1991, 37-42.
- Saha, P.K. and Wilson, W.R.D. , “Influence of plastic Strain on Friction in Sheet Metal Forming,” Wear 172:167-173, 1994.
- Shih, H.C., Belanger, P.J., and Milititsky, M. , “Effects of Coating and Forming Condition on Friction,” in GALVATECH, 2004.
- Shih, H.C., Du, C., and Zhou, D.J. , “Die Wear and Galling in Stamping DP980 Steel,” MSEC 2013-1142, 2013.
- Lindsay, J.H., Nine, H.D., and Mickallch, M.K. , “The Effects of Surface Finish on The Drawing Characteristics of Chromium-Plated Sheet Metal Forming Tools,” SAE Technical Paper 910510 , 1991, doi:10.4271/910510.
|Aerospace Standard||Minimizing Stress-Corrosion Cracking in Wrought High-Strength Aluminum Alloy Products|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Surface Hardness Testing with Files|
|Aerospace Material Specification||Brazing, Copper|