This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vision System for Detecting a Small Object at Far Range
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
As one of the advanced sensing technologies of Autonomous driving, we have started developing the new vision system. It focuses on detecting the small object at far ranges. It makes it possible to detour a vehicle along the traffic cones (small object). This system is based on the high-resolution mono-camera with narrow FOV and the algorithms for object-detection/ranging and lane-detection. A prototype is created and evaluated. It could detect the cones and estimate their ranges up to 150 [m]. The range accuracy is 5.3 [m]. Plural cones at different ranges can be measure at one time. The lane detection could reach 150 [m].
CitationMiyahara, S., Li, H., Xie, K., and Bai, B., "Vision System for Detecting a Small Object at Far Range," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0886, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0886.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Stein , G.P. , Mano , O. , and Shashua , A. Vision-Based ACC with a Single Camera: Bounds on Range and Range Rate Accuracy IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV2003) Columbus, OH 2003
- Miyahara , S. New Algorithm for the Range Estimation by a Single Frame of a Single Camera SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1475 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1475
- Miyahara , S. , Sielagoski , J. , Koulinichi , A. , and Ibrahim , F. Target Tracking by a Single Camera Based on Range-Window Algorithm and Pattern Matching SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0140 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0140
- Kumar , A.M. and Simon , P. Review of lane Detection and Tracking Algorithms in Advanced Driver Assistance System International Journal of Computer Science & Information Technology (IJCSIT) 7 4 2015
- Kanda , J. , Taguchi , S. , and Yoneyama , S. 2006