This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Intelligent AutoLens
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents an idea to provide a focused and targeted content delivery to the vehicle users. The schema is based on using existing technologies like driver monitoring systems combined with data analytics to provide focused content.
The methodology to determine the region of interest is based on the head position, gaze direction, location and duration based on existing driver monitoring systems. Based on this information, the car mounted camera(s) shall be aligned to the viewed object. This camera captured information along with the other relevant data (like location) shall be sent to the backend server via Telematics unit or smartphone connectivity for analysis. Backend Server analyses the received data and provides focused content to the user.
The goal is to achieve targeted content delivery for effective product advertisement and marketing.
|Technical Paper||The Application of Middleware to In-Vehicle Applications|
|Progress In Technology||Active Safety and Connectivity in the Mobility Industry|
|Technical Paper||Driver Interface/HMI Standards to Minimize Driver Distraction/Overload|
CitationAbhyankar, R., Loganathan, A., and kr, V., "The Intelligent AutoLens," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0864, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0864.
- Talking billboard US 1804297 A Method, system and apparatus for interactive billboard advertising at a live entertainment event US20100306064A1
- Tracking billboards could give you the eyeball [https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11810-tracking-billboards-could-give-you-the-eyeball/.
- Studies count eyes falling on billboards: http://www.billboardconnectionadvertising.com/studies-count-eyes-falling-billboards/
- Schlee, C., Targeted Advertising Technologies in the ICT Space: A Use Case Driven Analysis (Springer Science & Business Media, 2013). ISBN:9783834823960.
- Li, K., Idemudia, E.C., Lin, Z., and Yu, Y., “A Framework for Intermediated Online Targeted Advertising with Banner Ranking Mechanism,” Information Systems and e-Business Management 10(2):183-200, 2012, doi:10.1007/s10257-010-0134-4.
- Ha, L. and Mccann, K., “An Integrated Model of Advertising Clutter in Offline and Online Media,” International Journal of Advertising 27, 2008, doi:10.2501/S0265048708080153.
- Death by Information Overload by Paul Hemp, “Harvard Business Review,” September 2009