This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aerodynamic Development of the New FAW-VW Bora
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The new Bora, released to the China market in June 2018, is entirely upgraded compared to the previous generation. In the phase of aerodynamic development, CFD was extensively used to improve the new Bora’s design, especially in the early stage of development. During the styling stage, some key aerodynamic features were incorporated into the new Bora design which considerably reduced the aerodynamic drag. The design of the new cooling module seal and the underbody panels also greatly improved the aerodynamic performance. These in total have resulted in 11% drag reduction of the new Bora, over its previous generation. The performance improvement was confirmed in the wind tunnel test and the comparison between wind tunnel test results and CFD results was very good.
CitationChen, Y., Liu, J., Jiang, Y., and Chi, Q., "Aerodynamic Development of the New FAW-VW Bora," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0664, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0664.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
- Chen , S. and Doolen , G.D. Lattice Boltzmann Method for Fluid Flows Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics 30 329 364 1998
- Succi , S. The Lattice Boltzmann Equation for Fluid Dynamics and Beyond Oxford Clarendon Press 2001
- d’Humieres , D. , Lallemand , P. , and Qian , Y.H. Lattice BGK Models for Navier-Stokes Equations Europhysics Letters 17 6 479 484 1992
- Chen , H. , Orszag , S.A. , Staroselsky , I. , and Succi , S. Expanded Analogy between Bolzmann Kinetic Theory of Fluids and Turbulence J. Fluid Mech. 519 301 314 2004
- Chen , H. , Kandasamy , S. , Orszag , S. , Shock , R. et al. Extended Boltzmann Kinetic Equation for Turbulent Flows Science 301 633 636 2003
- Yakhot , V. and Orszag , S.A. Renormalization Group Analysis of Turbulence. I. Basic Theory J. Sci. Comput. 1 2 3 51 1986
- Yakhot , V. , Orszag , S.A. , Thangam , S. , Gatski , T. et al. Development of Turbulence Models for Shear Flows by a Double Expansion Technique Phys. Fluids A 4 7 1510 1520 1992