This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Optimized Driving Cycle Oriented Control for a Highly Turbocharged Gas Engine
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 02, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The article is focused on a 1-D drive dynamic simulation of a highly turbocharged gas engine. A mono fuel CNG engine has been developed as a downsized replacement of the diesel engine for a medium size van. The basic engine parameters optimization is provided in a steady state operation and a control adjustment is applied to a dynamic vehicle model for a transient response improvement in highly dynamic operation modes of the WLTC (world light duty test cycle), selected for investigation. Vehicle simulation model with optimized control system is used for driving cycle fuel consumption and CO2 emissions predictions compared with the basic engine settings.
CitationDolecek, V., Vavra, J., and Skarohlid, M., "Optimized Driving Cycle Oriented Control for a Highly Turbocharged Gas Engine," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0193, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0193.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Vitek , O. , Macek , J. , Dolecek , V. , Bogomolov , S. , Mikulec , A. , and Barak , A. 2014
- Macek , J. , Dolecek , V. , Srinivasan , S. , Tanner , F. et al. Optimization of Engine Control Strategies during Transient Processes Combining 1-D and 3-D Approaches SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0783 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0783
- Dolecek , V. , Macek , J. , Barak , A. , Vitek , O. , and Bogomolov , M. A. Comprehensive Approach for Optimal Diesel Engine Downsizing Combining Thermodynamics and Design Assistance System SIA International Powertrain Congress Rouen 2014
- Ferrera , M. CNG 2.0 CO2 Reduction for Transportation Systems Conference Turin 2016
- Tilagone , R. , Venturi , S. , and Monnier , G. Natural Gas - An Environmentally Friendly Fuel for Urban Vehicles: The SMART Demonstrator Approach Oil & Gas Science and Technology 61 1 155 164 2006 10.2516/ogst:2006010x
- Hofmann , P. , Hofherr , T. , Hoffmann , G. , and Preuhs , J.F. Potentual of CNG Direct Injection for Downsizing Engines MTZ 07 081 2016
- Baratta , M. , Misul , D. , Xu , J. , Fuerhapter , A. et al. Development of a High Performance Natural Gas Engine with Direct Gas Injection and Variable Valve Actuation SAE Int. J. Engines 10 5 2017 10.4271/2017-24-0152
- äBielaczyc , P. , Szczotka , A. , and Woodburn , J. Regulated and Unregulated Exhaust Emissions from CNG Fueled Vehicles in Light of Euro 6 Regulations and the New WLTP/GTR 15 Test Procedure SAE Int. J. Engines 8 3 1300 1312 2015 10.4271/2015-01-1061
- Hall , J. , Bassett , M. , Hibberd , B. , and Streng , S. Heavily Downsized Demonstrator Engine Optimised for CNG Operation SAE Int. J. Engines 9 4 2016 10.4271/2016-01-2363
- Vojtisek-Lom , M. et al. On-Road and Laboratory Emissions of NO, NO2, NH3, N2O and CH4 from Late-Model EU Light Utility Vehicles: Comparison of Diesel and CNG Sci Total Environ 2017 10.1016/2017-10-248
- Ferrera , M. Highly Efficient Natural Gas Engines SAE Technical Paper 2017-24-0059 2017 10.4271/2017-24-0059
- Douailler , B. , Ravet , F. , Delpech , V. , Soleri , D. et al. Direct Injection of CNG on High Compression Ratio Spark Ignition Engine: Numerical and Experimental Investigation SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0923 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0923
- Bolehovsky , O. 2017