This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vibration Control of an Active Seat Suspension System Integrated Pregnant Woman Body Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 2, 2019 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Proportional-integral-derivative (PID) controller is effective, popular and cost effective for a lot of scientific and engineering applications. In this paper, PID and fuzzy-self-tuning PID (FSTPID) controllers are applied to improve the performance of an active seat suspension system to enhance the pregnant woman comfort. The equations of motion of thirteen-degrees-of-freedom (13-DOF) active seat suspension system incorporating pregnant woman body model are derived and simulated. PID gains are tuned and estimated using genetic algorithm (GA) to formulate GA PID controller. In FSTPID, fuzzy logic technique is used to tune PID controller gains by selecting appropriate fuzzy rules using Matlab/Simulink software. Both controlled active seat suspension systems are compared with a passive seat suspension. Suspension performance is evaluated under bump and random road excitations in order to verify the success of the proposed controllers. Theoretical results reveal that the proposed controllers using GA PID and FSTPID grant a significant enhancement of the pregnant woman comfort and her fetus.
CitationAli, S., Metered, H., Bassiuny, A., and Abdel-Ghany, A., "Vibration Control of an Active Seat Suspension System Integrated Pregnant Woman Body Model," SAE Technical Paper 2019-01-0172, 2019, https://doi.org/10.4271/2019-01-0172.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 6]|
- Gad, S., Metered, H., Bassuiny, A., and Abdel Ghany, A.M., “Multi-Objective Genetic Algorithm Fractional-Order PID Controller for Semi-Active Magnetorheologically Damped Seat Suspension,” Journal of Vibration and Control 1-19, 2015.
- Gad, S., Metered, H., Bassuiny, A., and Abdel Ghany, A.M., “Ride Comfort Enhancement of Heavy Vehicles Using Magnetorheological Seat Suspension,” Int. J. Heavy Vehicle Systems 22(2):93-113, 2015.
- Metered, H., Kozek, M., and Šika, Z., “Vibration Control of Active Vehicle Suspension Using Fuzzy Based Sliding Surface,” International Journal of Fuzzy Systems and Advanced Applications 2:41-48, 2015.
- Hrovat, D., “Survey of Advanced Suspension Developments and Related Optimal Control Applications,” Automatica 33:1781-1817, 1997.
- Fialho, I. and Balas, J., “Road Adaptive Active Suspension Design Using Linear Parameter-Varying Gain-Scheduling,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology 10:43-54, 2002.
- Rajamani, R. and Hedrick, J., “Adaptive Observers for Active Automotive Suspensions: Theory and Experiment,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology 3:86-93, 1995.
- Mohan, B., Modak, J., and Phadke, S., “Vibration Control of Vehicles Using Model Reference Adaptive Variable Structure Control,” Advances in Vibration Engineering 2:343-361, 2003.
- Gao, H., Sun, W., and Shi, P., “Robust Sampled-Data H∞ Control for Vehicle Active Suspension Systems,” IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology 18:238-245, 2010.
- Chen, S., He, R., Liu, H., and Yao, M., “Probe into Necessity of Active Suspension Based on LQG Control,” Physics Procedia 25:932-938, 2012.
- Gong, P., Teng, X., and Yun, C., “Fuzzy Logic Controller for Truck Active Suspension and Related Optimal Control Method,” Applied Mechanics and Materials 441:821-824, 2013.
- Shehata, A., Metered, H., and Oraby, W., “Vibration Control of Active Vehicle Suspension System Using Fuzzy Logic Controller, Vibration Engineering and Technology of Machinery,” Mechanisms and Machine Science 23:389-399, Springer Int., 2015.
- Iwan Solihin, M., Wahyudi, and Legowo, A., “Fuzzy-Tuned PID Anti-Swing Control of Automatic Gantry Crane,” Journal of Vibration and Control 16(1):127-145, 2010.
- Yun, Q., Zhao, Y., and Yang, H., “A Dynamic Sliding-Mode Controller with Fuzzy Adaptive Tuning for an Active Suspension System,” Proc. IMechE Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering 221:417-428, 2007.
- Vaijayanti, S., Mohan, B., Shendge, P., and Phadke, S., “Disturbance Observer Based Sliding Mode Control of Active Suspension Systems,” Journal of Sound and Vibration 333:2281-2296, 2014.
- Metered, H., Abbas, W., and Emam, A.S., “Optimized Proportional Integral Derivative Controller of Vehicle Active Suspension System Using Genetic Algorithm,” SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst 01-1399, 2018.
- Metered, H., Bonello, P. and Oyadiji, S. O. “Vibration Control of a Seat Suspension System Using Magnetorheological Damper,” in Proceedings of the ASME, 2009 Design Engineering Technical Conferences & Computers and Information in Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA. ASME Paper No. DETC 2009-86081.
- Liang, C.-C., Chiang, C.-F., and Nguyen, T.-G., “Biodynamic Responses of Seated Pregnant Subjects Exposed to Vertical Vibrations in Driving Conditions,” Vehicle System Dynamics 45(11):1017-1049, 2007.
- Omar, M., Soliman, M., Abdel Ghany, A.M., and Bendary, F., “Optimal Tuning of PID Controllers for Hydrothermal Load Frequency Control Using Ant Colony Optimization,” International Journal on Electrical Engineering and Informatics 5(3):348-360, September 2013.
- Chopra, V., Singla, S.K., and Dewan, L., “Comparative Analysis of Tuning a PID Controller Using Intelligent Methods,” Acta Polytechnica Hungarica 11(8):235-249, 2014.
- Abdel Ghany, M. A., Bahgat, M. E., Refaey, W. M. and Hassan, F. N., “Design of Fuzzy Self Tuning PID Load Frequency Controller for the Egyptian Power System,” 1-15.
- Algreer, M.M.F. and Yhya Kuraz, R.M., “Design Fuzzy Self Tuning of PID Controller for Chopper-Fed DC Motor Drive,” Al-Rafidain Engineering 16(2), 2008.
- Metered, H. and Šika, Z., “Vibration Control of a Semi-Active Seat Suspension System Using Magnetorheological Damper,” in 10th IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA 14), September 10-12, 2014, Senigallia, Italy.
- Zulfatman and Rahmat, M.F., “Application of Self-Tuning Fuzzy PID Controller on Industrial Hydraulic Actuator Using System Identification Approach,” International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems. 2(2):246-261, 2009.
- Xie, W. and Duan, J., “The Design and Simulation of Fuzzy PID Parameter Self-Tuning Controller,” TELKOMNIKA Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering 14(2):293-297, 2015.
- Choi, S.B., Choi, J.H., Lee, Y.S., and Han, M.S., “Vibration Control of an ER Seat Suspension for a Commercial Vehicle,” Int J Vehicle Design 33 (1/2/3) (2-16):402-751, 2003.
- Metered, H. and Šika, Z., “Vibration Control of Vehicle Active Suspension Using Sliding Mode under Parameters Uncertainty,” Journal of Traffic and Logistics Engineering 3(2):136-142, 2015.