This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
SCR treatment systems for diesel engines in compliance with the CONAMA P7 pollutant legislation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
To produce and market vehicles around the world, manufacturers must meet the current pollutant emission standards. CONAMA - CONSELHO NACIONAL DO MEIO AMBIENTE - is the creator of PROCONVE - PROGRAMA DE CONTROLE DA POLUIÇÃO DO AR POR VEÍCULOS AUTOMOTORES - entity that governs the amount of emission of pollutant gases admissible for a vehicle to be homologated and later sold in Brazil. This article is based on the most current version of PROCONVE, which is P7, according to RESOLUÇÃO CONAMA no. 403, November 11, 2008, published in DOU n° 220, November 12, 2008, Section 1, page 92 for heavy vehicles, with a maximum total mass exceeding 3,856 kg or mass of the vehicle in running order of more than 2,720 kg (heavy passenger and / or cargo vehicles). It seeks to convey to the reader the knowledge about the operation of the SCR - Selective Catalytic Reduction system, one of the models adopted by diesel-powered heavy-duty vehicle manufacturers to reduce the NOx (nitrogen oxides) emissions, so that vehicles can meet the standard P7 and be marketed in the country.
CitationMota, F., Paiva, A., and Santucci, R., "SCR treatment systems for diesel engines in compliance with the CONAMA P7 pollutant legislation," SAE Technical Paper 2018-36-0120, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-36-0120.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
- Rudolf., Noronha, Dias, Bosco. João, da, Silva, Alberici. Lorenza, Macedo, Paulo. et al., “1° INVENTÁRIO NACIONAL DE EMISSÕES ATMOSFÉRICAS POR VEÍCULOS AUTOMOTORES RODOVIÁRIOS - Final Report” January 2011.
- Filho, Jose Carlos Medaglia., Dias, Adailton Cardoso, Carvalho, Antônio Alberto Castanheira de., Filho, Cícero Rodrigues de Melo. et al., “Transporte inter-regional de carga no Brasil Panorama 2015,” Brasília, DF, Set. 2016.
- Lualdi, A., Reis, I., Villela, M., Reis, Cantero, A. et al., “DIESEL E EMISSÕES - A NOVA LEGISLAÇÃO 2012,” ANFAVEA - Associação Nacional dos Fabricantes de Veículos Automotores, Produced by Motorpress Brasil Editora.
- Ministério do Meio Ambiente, “Website with information on government actions in the context of the country's environmental management,” available at http://www.mma.gov.br. Acessed on April 17, 2018.
- Ventura, l. M., “Ações para Atendimento aos Novos Limites do PROCONVE - Fase 7,” Seminar on Emissions of Diesel Vehicles, October, 2009.
- FPT Powertrain Technologies, “STAGE V,” Engines manufacturer website, available at http://www.fptindustrial.com/global/en/technologies/stage-v-hi-escr2, Accessed on April, 2018.
- Oficina Brasil, “Website on information on automotive repair and technologies applied to automobiles,” http://www.oficinabrasil.com.br”, Accessed on April 12, 2018.
- Pimenta, Maurício., Tommey, Mário., Lovizaro, Daniel., Robert, Bosch LTDA, “Technical Assistance Newsletter Brazil 010/12” August 2012.
- CONAMA, “Provides for the new phase of demand of the Program for Control of Air Pollution by Motor Vehicles- PROCONVE for new heavy vehicles (Phase P-7) and provides other measures,” CONAMA Resolution No. 403/2008, date of legislation: 11/11/2008, publication DOU n° 220, of 11/12/2008.