This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Chassis tuning influence in vehicle durability loads
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
During a vehicle development, several chassis components suffer tunings, changing its specification as stiffness, damping, preload, etc to attend Handling, Ride and NVH requirements.
In other hand, it can change the loads environment and consequently the fatigue life of the components. The objective of this study is to understand the impact in the vehicles loads that can be caused by a suspension tuning, measuring the sensibility of each component tuning.
The possible differences of its behavior, in terms of pseudo damage, will be calculated trough Rainflow technique from an original signal obtained with the usage of virtual road loads data acquisition. For that will be considered all possible required specifications of chassis components since the beginning of the project until the end.
CitationTerra, R., Gonçalves, R., and Roccella, V., "Chassis tuning influence in vehicle durability loads," SAE Technical Paper 2018-36-0060, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-36-0060.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- T. D. Gillespie Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics, Warrendale EUA: Society of Automotive engineers 1992
- Z. Cai , S. Chan , X. Tang and J. Xing The Process of Vehicle Dynamics Development SAE-China and Fisita 2012
- M. Johnston Develpment and evaluation of vehicle suspension tuning metrics Windsor University of Windsor 2010
- R. S. Barbosa Vehicle Dynamic Response Due to Pavement Roughness J. of the Braz. Soc. of Mech. Sci. & Eng. 302 307 July-September 2011
- T. Larsson Multibody Dynamic Simulation in Product Development Luleå Luleå University of Technology 2001
- R. T. Terra , R. S. Barbosa and A. C. Botosso Inclusion of the displacement variable on the damper modeling in multibody environment SAE Technical Paper Series 1 6 2015
- M. Lamps and E. Ekert , Improving the Suspension Design Process by Integrating Multibody System Analysis and Design of Experimentals SAE International Congress and Exposition 1993
- R. T. Terra Avaliação do desempenho dinâmico de veículo, devido ao incremento de massa não suspensa, decorrente de sistema de propulsão elétrica, São Paulo: Dissertação 2017
- A. J. V. Neto Metodologia de aperfeiçoamento de suspensões veiculares através de modelo virtual em ambiente multicorpos São Carlos Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos, Universidade de São Paulo 2011
- A. C. Botosso Avaliação do efeito da rigidez estrutural sobre a dinâmica veicular 2015
- C. D. C. Scozzafave Metodologia de análise de fadiga para o desenvolvimento de componentes via CAE e medições estruturais 2014
- Leading Engineering Application Providers Finite Element Analysis LEAP Australia https://www.finiteelementanalysis.com.au/featured/what-is-fatigue/ 2018
- G. Yaguchi , S. Chowdhury and T. Y. Wu Quality Engineering Handbook Jhon Wiley & Sons, Inc 2005