This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Coating on striker: Robust corrosion protection with low cost
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Corrosion is a known phenomenon that the automotive industry needs to pay attention, once that several issues faced in the field had it as root cause. Indisputably is important spend resources in usage of proper materials and process based on chemical properties, minimum thickness, adhesion conditions, wear resistance, finish applicators, etc. to cover the parts in order to ensure robust protection against this phenomena; however, the key point is to optimize these resources once that the customer will buy/use the vehicle (not the part singly); so if develop a proper design in system level providing proper protection of the parts, despite of the part does not have the most efficient protection level, the customers will have a satisfactory experience during vehicle usage.
CitationRolim, A., "Coating on striker: Robust corrosion protection with low cost," SAE Technical Paper 2018-36-0044, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-36-0044.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 2]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 3]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 4]|
|[Unnamed Dataset 5]|
- “Corrosion Cost and the Future,” http://corrosion.org/Publications.html, accessed May 2017.
- International Organization for Standardization, “Corrosion of Metals and Alloys - Basic Terms and Definitions,” ISO 8044, Rev. Sep. 2015.
- Simmons, C., Phelps, N., Maguire, D., “Manual of Engineering Drawing, Fourth Edition,” (Chapter 27 - Surface Finish and Corrosion of Metals, 2012), 229-235, ISBN: 978-0-08-096652-6.
- “American Coatings Association,” https://www.paint.org/about-our-industry/sustainability/infrastructure/, accessed May 2017.
- ASTM International Standard Practice for Operating Salt Spray Apparatus, “Neutral Salt Spray Corrosion Testing,” ASTM B117, Rev. Nov. 2011.
- Corporate Engineering Test Procedure, “Laboratory Accelerated Cyclic Corrosion Test,” CETP 00.00-L-467, Rev. Mar. 2009.
- Corporate Engineering Test Procedure, “Global Brand Total Vehicle Accelerated Corrosion Test,” CETP 00.00-R-343, Rev. Jan. 2013.