This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of Autoignition and Pressure Wave Behavior on Knock Intensity Based on Multipoint Pressure Measurement and In-Cylinder Visualization of the End Gas
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 30, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this study, the effect of autoignition behavior in the unburned end-gas region on pressure wave formation and knock intensity was investigated. A single-cylinder gasoline engine capable of high-speed observation of the end gas was used in the experiments. Visualization in the combustion chamber and spectroscopic measurement of light absorption by the end gas were carried out to analyze autoignition behavior in the unburned end-gas portion and the reaction history before autoignition. The process of autoignition and pressure wave growth was investigated by analyzing multipoint pressure histories. As a result, it was found that knocking intensity increases through interaction between autoignition and pressure waves.
|Journal Article||On Knock Intensity and Superknock in SI Engines|
|Technical Paper||Effects of Direct-Current (DC) Electric Fields on Flame Propagation and Combustion Characteristics of Lean Premixed CH 4 /O 2 /N 2 Flames|
CitationYamashita, T., Takahata, S., Kudo, H., Izako, T. et al., "Influence of Autoignition and Pressure Wave Behavior on Knock Intensity Based on Multipoint Pressure Measurement and In-Cylinder Visualization of the End Gas," SAE Technical Paper 2018-32-0001, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-32-0001.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Dahnz , C. , Han , K. , Spicher , U. , Magar , M. et al. Investigations on Pre-Ignition in Highly Supercharged SI Engines SAE Int. J. Engines 3 1 214 224 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0355
- Ohta , Y. Piston-Compression Ignition Related to Engine Knock Journal of the Combustion Society of Japan (in Japanese) 95 54 67 1994
- Gaydon , A.G. The Spectroscopy of Flame Second London Chapman and Hall Ltd 1974 371
- Iijima , A. A Study of the Mechanism Causing Pressure Waves and Knock in an SI Engine under High-Speed and Supercharged Operation JSAE International Journal of Automotive Engineering 2018
- Iijima , A. Analysis of Interaction between Autoignition and Strong Pressure Wave Formation during Knock in a Supercharged SI Engine Based on High Speed Photography of the End Gas SAE International Journal of Engines 10 5 2616 2623 2017