This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Bike with Modified Steering System to Assist People with Forearm Disability
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 09, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Event: International Conference on Advances in Design, Materials, Manufacturing and Surface Engineering for Mobility
Individuals with mobility impairments are people who have lost their functionality of leg and hand due to birth, diseases or accidents. Various commercial bike designs are existing in the market for bike riders with disability in their legs designed with dummy rear axle. But no designs exits for bike riders with disability in their hands which is being available in market. To ride a bike steering, brake and acceleration controls has to be provided by an alternate method. It was proposed to develop a bike for person with disability in their hand. The design of the bike and in particular steering system was done using of Autodesk Inventor software and analysed using ANSYS workbench to assess the structural integrity of the design. The design was transformed in to a complete working prototype and found to be working satisfactory.
CitationMathiyalazhan, V. and Elsen, R., "Bike with Modified Steering System to Assist People with Forearm Disability," SAE Technical Paper 2018-28-0062, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-28-0062.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Thoreau , R. The Impact of Mobility Scooters on Their Users. Does Their Usage Help or Hinder?: A State of the Art Review Journal of Transport & Health 2 2 269 275 2015
- MandarPatil , P.P. , Patil , S. , and Honrao , S. Foot Operated Steering Mechanism International Engineering Research Journal (IERJ) 3 394 396 2016
- ChoudhariDilip , S. Four Wheel Steering System for Future International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research 3 4 2014
- John , Z.
- Soman , M. et al. Designing and Manufacturing of “Foot Operated Steering” for Disabled People Mental Retardation 8.70 708 6 34
- Jayaprabakar , J. et al. Design of Affordable Electric Vehicle for Handicapped International Journal on Design and Manufacturing Technologies 10 2 2016
- Gillespie , T.D. Vehicle Dynamics Warrendale 1997
- RenoldElsen , S. , Ramesh , T. , Thirumalai Kumar , M. , and Aslam Khan , A. Design of Composite Fixture for Machining Ceramic Materials Using Abrasive Water Jet Machining (AWJM) ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences 9 4 388 392
- Elsen , S.R. Empirical and Finite Element Prediction and Validation of Weld Bead Profile Generated during TIG Welding Process Global Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics (GJPAM) 12 4 15 20