Research on Mechanism of Seat Back Reclining Linked to Cushion for Enhancing the Comfort of Rear Seat
Published April 3, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Annotation of this paper is available
This paper suggests the new mechanism of rear seat reclining that enhances the comfort. This mechanism enables rear seat back to recline backward with cushion moving forward and upward simultaneously, which makes the rear seat more relaxing. Also this mechanism was developed to have many advantages, especially in the aspect of cost, weight and package layout.
CitationNa, S., Yoo, J., Jeong, C., Kim, D. et al., "Research on Mechanism of Seat Back Reclining Linked to Cushion for Enhancing the Comfort of Rear Seat," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1315, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1315.
- Dong-Min, K. , “Analysis of the Effects of the Back Seat on the Human Body,” Korea Precision Industries Association, 2008.
- Young-Suk, K. , “13 Consumer Awareness Survey (Passenger Car), Hyundai Motor Products Research Center Market Analysis Office, 2014.
- Sung-In, P. , “Comparison of Pressure Distribution between Hips and Thighs According to the Extent of Damage to the Spine of the Spinal Cord and the Slope of the Backrest,” A Surgical Treatise, 2012.
- Gun-Bu, L. , “A Study on the Acquisition of Human Body Information for the Design of Industrial Chair,” Cheongju National University, 1999.
- Harrison, D.D., Harrison, S.O., Croft, A.C., Harrison, D.E., and Troyanovich, S.J. , “Sitting Biomechanics Part I: Review of the Literature,” Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics 22:594-609, 1999.
- Keegan, J.J. , “Alterations of the Lumbar Curve Related to Posture and Seating,” Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. American 35:589-603, 1953.