This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Nonlinear Hybrid Optimization for the Powertrain of a Four-Wheel-Drive (4WD) Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Lightweight of the structure is known as an effective approach to improve fuel economy and handling of the automobile. Moreover, the optimization for the powertrain increases the acceleration performance and reduces the energy consumption of driven components. In this paper, a popular powertrain of a Four-Wheel-Drive (4WD) vehicle is considered as a research object. The nonlinear hybrid mathematical model of optimization is created. The target function, whose value varies with continuous and discrete variables, is the combined moment of inertia consisting of transmission and sub-actuator. The constraints include the gear surface fatigue, gear bending fatigue, the belt tensile failure and so on. The design variable involves the sizes of gears and sheaves, the gear thickness, the numbers of sheaves and so on. Finally, some results based on the nonlinear programming principles are derived, and relative conclusions are drawn.
CitationWu, H., "Nonlinear Hybrid Optimization for the Powertrain of a Four-Wheel-Drive (4WD) Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-1230, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-1230.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- G. Wu , S. Shen 1997
- Zhang , M. , Cui , M. , and Fuzzy , H.W. Optimization of Automobile Powertrain Parameter [J] Journal of Harbin Institute of Technology 36 10 1322 1324 2004
- Colherinhas G B , Dias P H C , Diniz A C G C , et al. 2014
- Zhang , H. , Ni , J. , Zheng , Y. et al. Optimum Design of Torsional Damper of Diesel Engine Crankshaft System Based on BP Neural Network [J] Transactions of CSICE 26 1 83 86 2008
- Ono , E. , Hattori , Y. , Muragishi , Y. et al. Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Control for Four-Wheel-Distributed Steering and Four-Wheel-Distributed Traction/Braking Systems[J] Vehicle System Dynamics 44 2 139 151 2006
- Zou , G. , Luo , Y. , and Li , K. Tire Longitudinal Force Optimization Distribution for Independent 4WD EV[J] Journal of Tsinghua University 49 5 719 718 2009
- Gu , C. , Liu , H. , and Chen , X. Torque Distribution Based on Efficiency Optimization of Four-Wheel Independent Drive Electric Vehicle [J] Journal of Tongji University 43 10 1550 1556 2015
- Kim , J. Optimal Power Distribution of Front and Rear Motors for Minimizing Energy Consumption of 4-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicles[J] International Journal of Automotive Technology 17 2 319 326 2016
- Lin , C. and Xu , Z. Wheel Torque Distribution of Four-Wheel-Drive Electric Vehicles Based on Multi-Objective Optimization[J] Energies 8 5 3815 3831 2015
- Robert C. Juvinall , Kurt M. Marshek Fundamentals of Machine Component Design John Wiley & Sons, Inc