This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Sliding Mode Control of Electrical Active Roll Stabilizer Using Switched Reluctance Motor
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
An electrical active roll stabilizer has been designed and developed for improving the vehicle anti-roll performance. The motor actuator composed by a switched reluctance motor(SRM) and a harmonic gear reducer is a key component of the active roll stabilizer to generate the active anti-roll torque. There are three main steps of studying the performance of the motor actuator in this paper. Firstly, the accurate mathematical model of SRM is built in Matlab/Simulink using the data of magnetization characteristics calculated by the finite element analysis using Maxwell/RMxprt. Secondly, the full vehicle roll model is set up and the sliding mode controller based on feedback linearization for roll control is designed in Matlab/Simulink. The controller calculates the real-time ideal anti-roll torques of the front and rear stabilizers based on the lateral acceleration and roll angle. Finally, the vehicle steering model is established in Carsim and the control co-simulation is carried out by the combination of Matlab/Simulink and Carsim. The co-simulation results show that the body roll motion due to the lateral acceleration while steering was substantially reduced by sliding model controller compared with passive roll stabilizer and PID controller. The results also verify the validity of the controller and indicate that the motor actuator can effectively realize the ideal anti-roll torques.
CitationZhang, Y., Wang, L., and Xia, R., "Sliding Mode Control of Electrical Active Roll Stabilizer Using Switched Reluctance Motor," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0832, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0832.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- National Center for Statistics and Analysis United State Department of Transportation 2015
- Gaffney , E.F. , Keane , J.C. , and Nicols , J.T. High Efficiency 2 Channel Active Roll Control System SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0222 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0222
- Jeon , K. , Hwang , H. , Choi , S. , Kim , J. et al. Development of an Electric Active rollcontrol (ARC) Algorithm for a SUV International Journal of Automotive Technology 13 2 247 253 2012 10.1007/s12239-012-0021-8
- Buma , S. , Okuma , Y. , Taneda , A. , Suzuki , K. et al. Design and Development of Electric Active Stabilizer Suspension System Journal of System Design and Dynamics 4 1 61 76 2010 10.1299/jsdd.4.61
- Darling , J. and Hickson , L.R. An Experimental Study of a Prototype Active Anti-Roll Suspension System Vehicle System Dynamics 29 5 309 329 1998 10.1080/00423119808969377
- Gosselin-Brisson , S. , Bouazara , M. , and Richard , M.J. Design of an Active Anti-Roll Bar for off-Road Vehicles Shock and Vibration 16 2 155 174 2009 10.3233/SAV-2009-0459
- Cronje , P.H. and Els , P.S. Improving off-Road Vehicle Handling Using an Active Anti-Roll Bar Journal of Terramechanics 47 3 179 189 2010 10.1016/j.jterra.2009.09.003
- Zulkarnain , N. , Imaduddin , F. , Zamzuri , H. and Mazlan , S.A. Application of an Active Anti-roll bar system for enhancing vehicle ride and handling 2012 IEEE Colloquium on Humanities, Science and Engineering (CHUSER) Kota Kinabalu 2012 10.1109/CHUSER.2012.6504321
- Konik , D. Development of the Dynamic Drive for the New 7 Series of the BMW Group International Journal of Vehicle Design 28 1-3 131 149 2002 10.1504/IJVD.2002.001983
- Kim , S. , Park , K. , Song , H. , Hwang , Y. et al. Development of Control Logic for Hydraulic Active Roll Control System International Journal of Automotive Technology 13 1 87 95 2012 10.1007/s12239-012-0008-5
- Strassberger , M. and Guldner , J. Applications of Control-BMW’s Dynamic Drive: An Active Stabilizer Bar System IEEE Control Systems 24 4 28 107 2004 10.1109/MCS.2004.1316650
- Kim , H.J. and Lee , C.R. Hybrid Roll Control Using Electric ARC System Considering Limited Bandwidth of Actuating Module International Journal of Automotive Technology 3 3 123 128 2002
- Ohta , Y. , Kato , H. , Yamada , D. , Sato , K. et al. Development of an Electric Active Stabilizer System Based on Robust Design SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0758 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0758
- Kraus , M. , Hochmuth , H. , Hartmut , K. , Baeuml , M. , et al. Chassis Opportunities for the Future-Unique Actuators & Applications Solutions Made by Schaeffler CONAT 2016 International Automotive Congress 2016