This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Feasibility Study of Using WLTC for Fuel Consumption Certification of Chinese Light-Duty Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents the feasibility study of using the worldwide harmonized light vehicles test cycle (WLTC) for the fuel consumption certification of Chinese Light-duty (LD) vehicles. First, the key steps and the technical routes of the development process of WLTC are summarized. Second, the operation data of 3082 vehicles in 41 typical cities of China are collected throughout the year. Then, the characteristics of the acquisition data are compared with WLTC. Finally, the feasibility of using WLTC for fuel consumption certification of Chinese LD vehicles is analyzed in three aspects, includes operation characteristics, weighting factors and fuel consumption. The result shows that there is obvious difference between WLTC and Chinese reality, and WLTC is not suitable for the fuel consumption certification of Chinese LD vehicles.
CitationLiu, Y., Zhou, H., Xu, Y., li, M. et al., "Feasibility Study of Using WLTC for Fuel Consumption Certification of Chinese Light-Duty Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0654, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0654.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Wang , Z. , Jin , Y. , Wang , M. , and Wu , W. New Fuel Consumption Standards for Chinese Passenger Vehicles and their Effects on Reductions of Oil Use and CO2 Emissions of the Chinese Passenger Vehicle Fleet Energy Policy 38 9 5242 5250 2010 10.1016/j.enpol.2010.05.012
- Marotta , A. , Pavlovic , J. , Ciuffo , B. , Serra , S. et al. Gaseous Emissions from Light-Duty Vehicles: Moving from NEDC to the New WLTP Test Procedure Environmental Science & Technology 49 14 8315 8322 2015 10.1021/acs.est.5b01364
- Pelkmans , L. and Debal , P. Comparison of on-Road Emissions with Emissions Measured on Chassis Dynamometer Test Cycles Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 11 4 233 241 2006 10.1016/j.trd.2006.04.001
- Huo , H. , Yao , Z. , He , K. , and Yu , X. Fuel Consumption Rates of Passenger Cars in China: Labels Versus Real-World Energy Policy 39 11 7130 7135 2011 10.1016/j.enpol.2011.08.031
- Mock , P. , Kühlwein , J. , Tietge , U. , Franco , V. et al. The WLTP: How a New Test Procedure for Cars will Affect Fuel Consumption Values in the EU International Council on Clean Transportation 9 35 47 2014
- Tutuianu , M. , Bonnel , P. , Ciuffo , B. , Haniu , T. et al. Development of the World-Wide Harmonized Light Duty Test Cycle (WLTC) and a Possible Pathway for its Introduction in the European Legislation Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment 40 61 75 2015 10.1016/j.trd.2015.07.011
- Makarchuk , D. , Kreicbergs , J. , Grislis , A. , and Gailis , M. Analysis of Energies and Speed Profiles of Driving Cycles for Fuel Consumption Measurements 14th International Scientific Conference Engineering for Rural Development Latvia 2015
- Tsokolis , D. , Dimaratoros , A. , Samaras , Z. , Kontses , A. et al. Quantification of the Effect of WLTP Introduction on Passenger Cars CO2 Emissions Journal of Earth Sciences and Geotechnical Engineering 7 1 191 214 2017