This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Advanced High-Strength Steel (AHSS) Performance Level Definitions and Targets
ISSN: 1946-3979, e-ISSN: 1946-3987
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Hance, B., "Advanced High-Strength Steel (AHSS) Performance Level Definitions and Targets," SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 11(4):505-516, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0629.
- Davenport, M.D. , “Third Generation Advanced High-Strength Steel Emerges,” Stamping Journal, 22-28, Sept./Oct. 2017.
- Silva, E.A. , United States Steel Corporation, personal communication many years ago.
- Integrated Computational Materials Engineering - Third Generation Advanced High Strength Steels, DOE Contract No. DE-EE0005976.
- Thomas, G.A. et al. , “ICME 3GAHSS Lab Heat Results Supporting DOE Targets,” presented at the Great Designs in Steel Seminar (GDIS), Steel Market Development Institute (SMDI), Livonia, MI, May 2015.
- Hance, B.M. , “Advanced High Strength Steel: Deciphering Local and Global Formability,” Proceedings of the International Automotive Body Congress (IABC), Dearborn, MI, Sept. 2016.
- Link, T.M. , “Effects of Paint Baking on the Axial Crash Performance of Advanced High Strength Steels,” Proceedings of the Materials Science and Technology Conference (MS&T’08), Pittsburgh, PA, Oct. 2008, 1989-2000.
- Link, T.M. and Chen, G.F. , “Anisotropy Effects in the Axial Crash Behavior of Advanced High-Strength Steels,” Proceedings of the International Symposium on New Developments in Advanced High-Strength Sheet Steels, Vail, CO, June 2013, 63-70.
- Terrazas, O.R. , “Correlation of Microstructure, Tensile Properties and Hole Expansion Ratio in Cold Rolled Advanced High Strength Steel,” Master of Science thesis, Colorado School of Mines, July 2016.
- Hance, B.M. , “Practical Application of the Hole Expansion Test,” SAE Int. J. Engines 10(2):247-257, 2017, doi:10.4271/2017-01-0306.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Specification , “Metallic Materials - Method of Hole Expanding Test,” ISO/TS 16630.
- ASTM International , “Standard Test Methods for Tension Testing of Metallic Materials,” Standard Designation E8/E8M - 15a, 2015.
- Larour, P., Freudenthaler, J., and Weissböck, T. , “Reduction of Cross Section Area at Fracture in Tensile Test: Measurement and Applications for Flat Sheet Steels,” J. Physics: Conf. Series 896:012073, 2017.
- United States Steel Corporation , Unpublished Research, 2017.
- Japanese Standards Association , “Test Pieces for Tensile Test for Metallic Materials,” Japanese Industrial Standard Designation: JIS Z 2201:1998(E).
- World Auto Steel , Advanced High-Strength Steels Application Guidelines, Version 6.0, Apr. 2017.
- Verband der Automobilindustrie (German Association of the Automotive Industry) , “Sheet Steel for Cold Forming,” Material Specification VDA 239-100, Jan. 2016.