This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Comparative Analysis of Permanent Magnet Motor for Electric Vehicle with Different Rotor Structures
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2018 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
As one of the key technologies for EVs and HEVs, the design of their motors has been researched extensively, and some novel rotors of permanent magnet motor were proposed in order to improve torque capability, including average torque and torque ripple. Rotor structure selection of drive motor for various electric vehicles has been one of the key issues in matching of electric vehicle power system.
Three motors are analyzed for providing visible insights to the contribution of different rotor structures to the torque characteristics, efficiency and extended speed range. First, an iterative comparative analysis of torque-speed characteristics with different flux linkage, d-axis inductance and rotor saliency ratio is performed for demonstrating the design principle. Then, the three motors are optimized by a genetic algorithm (GA) for further improving the torque characteristics. Third, a particular comparative analysis is performed among the flat one type, V type and triangle type 48/8 IPM motors, which is very important for the selection of electric vehicle driving motors.
CitationYin, H., Ma, F., Wei, L., She, S. et al., "Simulation and Comparative Analysis of Permanent Magnet Motor for Electric Vehicle with Different Rotor Structures," SAE Technical Paper 2018-01-0456, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4271/2018-01-0456.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
|Unnamed Dataset 4|
|Unnamed Dataset 5|
- Cao , R. , Mi , C. , and Cheng , M. Quantitative Comparison of Flux-Switching Permanent-Magnet Motors With Interior Permanent Magnet Motor for EV, HEV, and PHEV Applications IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 48 8 2374 2384 2012
- Lu , X. et al. Investigation of Permanent-Magnet Motor Drives Incorporating Damper Bars for Electrified Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 62 5 3234 3244 2015
- Liu , X. et al. Research on the Performances and Parameters of Interior PMSM Used for Electric Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 63 6 3533 3545 2016
- Hsu , J.S. 2004
- Burress , T.A. et al. 2011
- Taniguchi , M. , Yashiro , T. , Takizawa , K. , Baba , S. et al. Development of New Hybrid Transaxle for Compact-Class Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1163 2016 10.4271/2016-01-1163
- Liu , G. et al. Improvement of Torque Capability of Permanent-Magnet Motor by Using Hybrid Rotor Configuration IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 32 3 953 962 2017
- Bianchi , N. , Alberti , L. , and Barcaro , M. Design and Tests of a Four-Layer Fractional-Slot Interior Permanent-Magnet Motor IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 52 3 2234 2240 2016
- Zhao , W. et al. Optimal Design of a Novel V-Type Interior Permanent Magnet Motor with Assisted Barriers for the Improvement of Torque Characteristics IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 50 11 1 4 2014
- Liu , Q. , Jabbar , M.A. , and Khambadkone , A.M. Design Optimisation of Wide-Speed Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors 2002 International Conference on Power Electronics, Machines and Drives Sante Fe, NM 2002 404 408