This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Some Semiconductors by the Handbook MIL-HDBK-217 FN2 to Improve the Reliability of Aerospace and Automotive Electronic Equipments
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 07, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Systems such as satellites, airplanes, cars and air traffic controls are becoming more complex and/or highly integrated. These systems integrate several technologies inside themselves, and must be able to work in very demanding environments, sometimes with few or none maintenance services due to their severe conditions of work. To survive such severe work conditions, the systems must present high levels of reliability, which are achieved through different approaches, processes, etc. These unfold in many: levels of aggregation (systems, subsystems, equipments, components, etc.), phases of their lifecycles (conception, design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, tests, operation, etc.), environments (land, sea, air, space, etc.), types of components/applications/experiences/technological communities (nuclear, aerospace, military, automotive, medical, commercial, etc.), leaded by the widespread use of semiconductors. So, the aim of this work is to analyze some semiconductors by the Handbook MILHDBK-217 FN2 to improve the reliability of aerospace and automotive electronic equipments. To do that, this work: 1) summarizes the applicable methods, tools, components, etc., of the Handbook MIL-HDBK-217 NF2; 2) selects some semiconductors such as diodes of low frequency for power rectifiers and voltage regulators; 3) analyze their fault rates; and 4) discusses its factors, to improve the reliability of aerospace and automotive electronic equipments.
|Aerospace Standard||Aircraft Flashtube Anticollision Lighting Systems|
|Technical Paper||Advanced Aircraft Electrical Power Management-Maximizing Utility Function Integration with Solid State Power Control|
|Aerospace Standard||Landing Gear Switch Selection Criteria|
Citationde Cássia Ferreira Porto, R. and de Oliveira e Souza, M., "Analysis of Some Semiconductors by the Handbook MIL-HDBK-217 FN2 to Improve the Reliability of Aerospace and Automotive Electronic Equipments," SAE Technical Paper 2017-36-0217, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-36-0217.
- DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, Military Handbook, Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment MIL-HDBK-217F, Washington DC, 1991. 205p.
- DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, Military Handbook, Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment MIL-HDBK-217F (Notice 1). Washington DC, 1992. 37p.
- DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE, Military Handbook, Reliability Prediction of Electronic Equipment MIL-HDBK-217F (Notice 2), Washington DC, 1995. 80p.
- MCLEISH, J. G. Enhancing MIL-HDBK-217 Reliability Predictions with Physics of Failure, In: RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY AND MAINTAINABILITY SYMPOSIUM (RAMS), San Jose, CA, 2010. Proceedings…. 2010. p. 1-6.
- MCLEISH, J. G. Transitioning to Physics of Failure Reliability Assessments for Electronics. In: ISSAT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON RELIABILITY AND QUALITY IN DESIGN, 16., Washington, DC, 2010. Proceedings…, 2010. p. 1-5.
- EUROPEAN COOPERATION FOR SPACE STANDARDIZATION (ECSS). ECSS-Q-ST-30-11C Rev 1 Space Product Assurance - Derating - EEE components, Noordwijk, Holand, 2008.
- RABELLO, A. P. S. S., SOUZA, M. L. O. Relatório de comparação entre os métodos de cálculo para obtenção da taxa de falhas dos conectores “Retangular” e “Rack and Panel” China Brazil Earth Resource Satellite CBERS3 & 4, INPE, S.J.Campos, SP, dezembro de 2011.
- ASTROLAB. Reliability prediction, Nova Jersey, USA, 2003. 5 p.
- PORTO, R. C. F. Análise e comparação dos manuais da família MIL-HDBK-217F e proposta de melhoria de processos de confiabilidade de equipamentos eletrônicos espaciais. 2014. 437 p. (sid.inpe.br/plutao/2014/11.24.15.05-TDI). Dissertação (Mestrado em Engenharia e Gerenciamento de Sistemas Espaciais) - Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais (INPE), São José dos Campos, 2014.