This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Driver´s View on the Introduction of Electric Vehicles in the Taxi Fleet of a Brazilian Large City
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 07, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In Brazil, since the purchase cost of an electric vehicle (EV) is still very high, the exchange of a conventional vehicle by an EV would only be worth if the vehicle was used as source income, such as the case of taxis. Short run distances and high daily mileage make conventional taxis ideal candidates to be replaced by battery EVs. Recently, São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro received EVs as a test project, but other major cities, such as Belo Horizonte, have yet to be tested. The taxi fleet in this city has currently 7,152 vehicles, all powered by internal combustion engines, significantly contributing to equivalent carbon dioxide (CO2eq) emissions since the daily distance traveled is high. With the aim to characterize the fleet and evaluate taxi driver’s option to EVs, data was collected from a systematic sample of taxi stands, of a total of 375, through a structured interview with the drivers, considering a finite and homogeneous population. The results from the interviews conducted showed that the lack of information about EVs and their advantages are predominant among the drivers. About 68% of the interviewees never saw a hybrid or pure EV in the city streets. Factors such as purchase cost and lack of information and government incentives were the most cited by the drivers as barriers to exchange their conventional taxis by electric ones.
CitationTeixeira, A. and Sodré, J., "Driver´s View on the Introduction of Electric Vehicles in the Taxi Fleet of a Brazilian Large City," SAE Technical Paper 2017-36-0089, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-36-0089.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Cazzola et. Al. Global EV outlook: Beyond one million electric cars Int. Energy Agency 2016 1 49
- Anfavea 2016 Disponível em http://www.anfavea.com.br/estatisticas.html
- ANEEL Nota Técnica no 0050/2016-SRD/ANEEL 19 abr. 2016
- Asamer , Johannes , Martin Reinthaler , Mario Ruthmair , Markus Straub , and Jakob Puchinger Optimizing charging station locations for urban taxi providers Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice 85 2016 233 246
- Sathaye , Nakul The optimal design and cost implications of electric vehicle taxi systems Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 67 2014 264 283
- Zou , Yuan , Shouyang Wei , Fengchun Sun , Xiaosong Hu , and Yaojung Shiao Large-scale deployment of electric taxis in Beijing: A real-world analysis Energy 100 2016 25 39
- Kim , Jooyoung , Seungjae Lee , and Kim Kwang Sik A study on the activation plan of electric taxi in Seoul Journal of Cleaner Production 2016
- IBGE, IBGE Censo Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística (IBGE) 2013
- Brasil , Atlas Atlas do desenvolvimento humano no Brasil 2013 Acesso em 16 2014
- PBH 2016 Prefeitura de Belo Horizonte - Regiões administrativas. Disponível em http://gestaocompartilhada.pbh.gov.br/estrutura-territorial/regioes-administrativas 24 nov. 2016
- BHTRANS 2016 Regulamento do serviço público de transporte por táxi no município de Belo Horizonte. Disponível em http://portal6.pbh.gov.br/dom/iniciaEdicao.do?method=DetalheArtigo&pk=989112 20 10 2016
- Triola Mário , F. Introdução à estatística Rio de Janeiro LTC 2011
- Miot , Hélio Amante Tamanho da amostra em estudos clínicos e experimentais J Vasc Bras 10 4 2011 275 8
- SANTOS Glauber Eduardo de Oliveira. Cálculo amostral: calculadora on-line. Disponível em http://www.calculoamostral.vai.la 2016
- CNT Perfil dos taxistas 2016 http://cms.cnt.org.br/Imagens%20CNT/PDFs%20CNT/Pesquisa%20CNT%20Perfil%20dos%20Taxistas/Pesquisa_CNT_Perfil_dos_Taxistas_2016.pdf 29 nov. 2016