This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Better Reuse of Architecture Models: Profits and Costs
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 19, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Different modelling techniques intended to deal with complexity of modern IMA systems are widely used now. Models can be used to help developers to lay out relevant information structurally. They can also be used to perform different formal analyses on machine-readable models like schedulability analysis, network load checks, WCET for software parts, FTA and FMEA and etc.
For some kinds of analyses, special models are created on different stages of development. We suppose that reuse of models for different aspects and development stages is generally a good thing. In some cases it allows to reduce costs on development process; also it allows to make preservation of consistency between models more automatic. We are aware that using the same model for different stages or aspects can cause additional cost in the model maintenance. In this paper we are trying to make a step to further (including practical) research on this topic.
We are considering AADL as an architecture modelling language to use. We also are considering the MASIW [9, 12] framework to work with AADL models and to analyze them.
Considering particular modelling aspects, we suggest a case where we want to show how models can be reused on different stages of development. We hope that approach applied for this case would work for other cases that can appear in the avionics development domain.
CitationBuzdalov, D. and Khoroshilov, A., "Better Reuse of Architecture Models: Profits and Costs," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2108, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2108.
- SAE International Aerospace Recommended Practice Guidelines and Methods for Conducting the Safety Assessment Process on Civil Airborne Systems and Equipment SAE Standard ARP5761 Dec. 1996
- ARINC 651, Design Guidance for Integrated Modular Avionics 1997
- ARINC 664 part 7, Avionics Full Duplex Switched Ethernet (AFDX) network 2005
- SAE International Aerospace Standard SAE Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) Annex Volume 2: Annex B: Data Modeling Annex Annex D: Behavior Model Annex Annex F: ARINC653 Annex SAE Standard AS5506/2 Jan. 2011
- ARINC 653, Avionics Application Software Standard Interface 2015
- SAE International Aerospace Standard SAE Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL) Annex Volume 1: Annex A: ARINC653 Annex, Annex C: Code Gernation Annex, Annex E: Error Model Annex SAE Standard AS5506 ™/1 Sept. 2015
- SAE International Aerospace Standard Time-Triggered Ethernet SAE Standard AS6802 ™ Nov. 2016
- SAE International Aerospace Standard Architecture Analysis & Design Language (AADL) SAE Standard AS5506 ™ Jan. 2017
- Buzdalov D. V. , Zelenov S. V. , Kornykhin E. V. , Petrenko A. K. , Strakh A. V. , Ugnenko A. A. , and Khoroshilov A. V. Tools for system design of integrated modular avionics Proceedings of the Institute for System Programming of RAS 26 201 230 2014
- Buzdalov Denis Simulation of AADL models with software-in-the-loop execution ACM SIGAda’s High Integrity Language Technology (HILT16) International Workshop on Model-Based Development and Contract-Based Programming as part of Embedded Systems Week (ESWEEK) 2016
- Clarke Edmund M. , Grumberg Orna , and Peled Doron A. Model Checking MIT Press 1999
- Khoroshilov , A. , Albitskiy , D. , Koverninskiy , I. , Olshanskiy , M. et al. AADL-Based Toolset for IMA System Design and Integration SAE Int. J. Aerosp. 5 2 294 299 2012 10.4271/2012-01-2146