This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Combination of Experimental and Computational Approaches to A320 Wing Assembly
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 19, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper is devoted to the simulation of A320 wing assembly on the base of numerical experiments carried out with the help of ASRP software. The main goal is to find fasteners’ configuration with minimal number of fastening elements that provides closing of admissible initial gaps.
However, for considered junction type initial gap field is not known a priori though it should be provided as input data for computations. In order to resolve this problem the methodology of random initial gap generation based on available results of gap measurements is developed along with algorithms for optimization of fasteners' configuration on generated initial gaps.
Presented paper illustrates how this methodology allows optimizing assembly process for A320 wing.
- Sergey Lupuleac - St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Nadezhda Zaitseva - St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Margarita Petukhova - St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Julia Shinder - St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Sergey Berezin - St Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Valeriia Khashba - St Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Elodie Bonhomme - Airbus
CitationLupuleac, S., Zaitseva, N., Petukhova, M., Shinder, J. et al., "Combination of Experimental and Computational Approaches to A320 Wing Assembly," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-2085, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-2085.
- Maropoulos, P., Muelaner, J., Summers, M., and Martin, O., "A new paradigm in large-scale assembly-research priorities in measurement assisted assembly", The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 70(1), 2014, doi:10.1007/s00170-013-5283-4.
- Lupuleac, S., Petukhova, M., Shinder, J., Smirnov, A. et al., "Software Complex for Simulation of Riveting Process: Concept and Applications," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-2090, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-2090.
- Petukhova, M., Lupuleac, S., Shinder, Y., Smirnov, A., et al, "Numerical approach for airframe assembly simulation", Journal of Mathematics in Industry, 4(1):8, 2014, doi:10.1186/2190-5983-4-8.
- Lindau, B., Lorin, S., Lindkvist, L. and Söderberg, R., "Efficient Contact Modeling in Nonrigid Variation Simulation", J. Comput. Inf. Sci. Eng, 16(1), 2016, doi: 10.1115/1.4032077
- Husu, A., Wittenberg, Y., and Palmov V., "Surface roughness (theoretical probability approach)", Moscow: Nauka, 1975 (in Russian).
- Shalygin, A., Palagin, Y., "Applied methods of statistical modeling", Leningrad: Mashinostroenie, 1986 (in Russian).
- Efron, B., "Bootstrap Methods: Another Look at the Jackknife", The Annals of Statististics, 7 (1):1-26, 1979, doi:10.1214/aos/1176344552