This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Test of ESC Controller with Driver-In-the-Loop Platform
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 23, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper presents a Driver-In-the-Loop (DIL) bench test system for development of ESC controller. The real-time platform is built-up based on NI/PXI system and the real steering/throttle/braking actuator. In addition, the CarSim provides the vehicle model and the animator for virtual driving environment. A hierarchical ESC controller is proposed in MATLAB/Simulink then download into PXI. In the upper motion controller, the sliding mode theory is adopted and the logic threshold algorithm is used in the lower slip controller. Finally, ESC test is implemented under typical conditions by DIL and Model-In-the-Loop (MIL). The results show that, DIL could make up the shortage of driver model which can’t accurately simulate the emergency response of real driver. Therefore, DIL test could verify the ESC controller more accurately and effectively with considering the human-vehicle-road environment.
CitationSun, D., Pei, X., Hu, X., Pan, H. et al., "Development and Test of ESC Controller with Driver-In-the-Loop Platform," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1993, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1993.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Mueller , A. ; Achenbach , W. ; Schindler , E. et al. Das neue fahrsicherheitssystem electronic stability program von Mercedes Benz Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 96 11 656 670 1994
- van Zanten , A. , Erhardt , R. , and Pfaff , G. VDC, The Vehicle Dynamics Control System of Bosch SAE Technical Paper 950759 1995 10.4271/950759
- Shino , M. ; Nagai , M. Yaw-moment control of electric vehicle for improving handling and stability Jsae Review 22 4 473 480 2001
- Chung , T. ; Yi , K. Side slip angle based control threshold of vehicle stability control system Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology 19 985 992 2005
- Wang , W. ; Ding , N. ; Liu , H. et al. Study on LQG/LTR robust control method for automotive DYC Journal of Beijing University of Technology 37 3 353 360 2001
- Yan , Q. , Thompson , F. , Paul , R. , and Bielenda , J. Hardware in the Loop for Dynamic Chassis Control Algorithms Test and Validation SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2059 2004 10.4271/2004-01-2059
- Ding , H. ; Guo , K. ; Zhang , J. et al. Development and application of automotive ESP hardware and driver in the loop simulation test bench Automotive Engineering 28 4 346 350 2006
- Li , H. Development of the hardware of the electronic stabilization program based on PXI and CRIO in the Loop simulation platform Electronic Design & Application World for Design and Application Engineers 10 74 76 2009
- Zhang , Y. ; Yin , C. ; Xiong , W. Study on vehicle dynamics control interactive hardware in loop simulation system based on MATLAB Mechanical Science and Technology for Aerospace Engineering 07 821 823 2006
- Ohra-aho , L. , Chan , J. , and My , W. Increasing Electronic Stability Controller Application Efficiency Using CAE SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-0021 2015 10.4271/2015-01-0021
- Tosolin , G. and Ko , K. On the Use of Driver-in-the-Loop (DIL) Systems in Commercial Vehicle Chassis Development SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 1 1 73 79 2017 10.4271/2017-26-0242
- Luo , H. ; Zhang , L. and Lai , F. Study on control method of direct yaw torque of vehicles Machinery Design & Manufacture 02 126 128 2010