This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Path Following Based on Model Predictive Control for Automatic Parking System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 23, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
With the load of urban traffic system becomes more serious, the Automatic Parking System (APS) plays an important role in alleviating the burden of drivers and improving vehicle safety. The APS is consisted of environmental perception, path planning and path following. The path following controls the lateral movement of vehicle during the parking process, and requires the trajectory tracking error to be as small as possible. At present, some control algorithms are used including PID control, pure pursuit control, etc. However, these algorithms relying heavily on parameters and environment, have some problems such as slow response and low precision. To solve this problem, a path following control method based on Model Predictive Control (MPC) algorithm is proposed in this paper. Firstly, Kinematic vehicle model and path tracker based on MPC algorithm are built. Secondly, a test bench that composed of CANoe hardware in the loop (HIL) system and steering wheel system is built. According to the result of path planning, the HIL system based on MPC algorithm generates a real-time target steering angle, and sends it to the steering wheel. The steering wheel system is a column electric power steering system, which completes the steering wheel angle control and sends the steering wheel actual angle to the vehicle dynamic model of HIL system, forming the vehicle real-time motion trajectory. Thirdly, a comparison experiment with pure pursuit tracking control algorithm is carried out, and the results indicate that the designed MPC algorithms has excellent robustness and can minimize the tracking error.
CitationMa, C., Li, F., Liao, C., and Wang, L., "Path Following Based on Model Predictive Control for Automatic Parking System," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1952, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1952.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Paromtchik I E , Laugier C Motion generation and control for parking an autonomous vehicle Robotics and Automation 1996 Proceedings. 1996 IEEE International Conference on. IEEE 1996 4 3117 3122 10.1109/ROBOT.1996.509186
- Ding , N. , Zhang , Y. , Gao , F. , and Xu , G. A Gain-Scheduled PID Controller for Automatic Path Following of a Tractor Semi-Trailer SAE Int. J. Commer. Veh. 6 1 110 117 2013 10.4271/2013-01-0687
- Yang , W. , Zheng , L. , Li , Y. , Ren , Y. et al. A Trajectory Planning and Fuzzy Control for Autonomous Intelligent Parking System SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0032 2017 10.4271/2017-01-0032
- Keighobadi J , Mohamadi Y Fuzzy Sliding Mode Control of a Non-Holonomic Wheeled Mobile Robot Lecture Notes in Engineering & Computer Science 2011 2189 1 273 278 978-988-19251-2-1
- Zakaria M A , Zamzuri H , Mazlan S A Vehicle Path Tracking Using Future Prediction Steering Control Procedia Engineering 2012 41 473 479 10.1016/j.proeng.2012.07.200
- Ohta H , Akai N , Takeuchi E et al. Pure Pursuit Revisited: Field Testing of Autonomous Vehicles in Urban Areas IEEE, International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications IEEE 2016 7 12 10.1109/CPSNA.2016.10
- Duan Jian min , Yang Chen , Shi Hui Path Tracking Based on Pure Pursuit Algorithm for Intelligent Vehicles journal of beijing university of technology 9 42 2016 1301 1306
- Fan , Z. and Chen , H. Study on Path Following Control Method for Automatic Parking System Based on LQR SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Electron. Electr. Syst. 10 1 41 49 2017 10.4271/2016-01-1881
- Kim , D. and Kim , H. Lateral Control for Automated Vehicle Following System in Urban Environments SAE Int. J. Trans. Safety 2 2 199 206 2014 10.4271/2014-01-0161
- Kühne F , Fetter W , João L et al. Model predictive control of a mobile robot using linearization Proceedings of Mechatronics & Robotics 2004
- LI Hong , GUO Konghui , SONG Xiaolin , LI Feilong Trajectory planning of automatic parallel parking with multi-constraints based on Matlab Journal of Central South University (Science and Technology) 44 1 2013 01