This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Diffuse Field Sound Absorption of Microperforated Panels with Special Backings
ISSN: 2380-2162, e-ISSN: 2380-2170
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Liu, W., Herrin, D., and Bianchini, E., "Diffuse Field Sound Absorption of Microperforated Panels with Special Backings," SAE Int. J. Veh. Dyn., Stab., and NVH 1(2):464-470, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1876.
- Wirt, L.S., Sound-Absorptive Materials to Meet Special Requirements, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 1975; 57(1), pp. 126-143.
- Hua, X., Herrin, D., and Jackson, P., "Enhancing the Performance of Microperforated Panel Absorbers by Designing Custom Backings," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 6(2):1269-1275, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-1937.
- Hua, X., Herrin, D. W., and Jackson, P., Varying Backing Cavity Depths to Achieve Broadband Absorption using Micro-Perforated Panels, Noise-Con, Denver, CO, 2013.
- Park, S-H, Acoustic properties of micro-perforated panel absorbers backed by Helmholtz resonators for the improvement of low-frequency sound absorption, Journal of Sound and Vibration 2013, Vol. 332, pp. 4895-4911.
- Sakagami, K., Morimoto, M. and Koike, W., A numerical study of double-leaf microperforated panel Absorbers, Applied Acoustics, 2006; Vol. 67, pp. 609-619.
- Sakagami, K., Yairi, M. and Morimoto, M., Multiple-leaf sound absorbers with microperforated panels: an overview, Acoustics Australia, 2010; Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 76-81.
- Zhang, Z. M. and Gu, X. T., The theoretical and application study on a double layer Microperforated sound absorption structure, Journal of Sound and Vibration, 1998; Vol. 215, No. 3, pp. 399-405.
- Liu, J. and Herrin, D. W., “Enhancing Micro-Perforated Panel Attenuation by Partitioning the Adjoining Cavity,” Applied Acoustics, Vol. 71, pp. 120-127 (2010).
- ASTM Standard, E 1050-98, Standard test method for impedance and absorption of acoustical materials using a tube, two microphones and a digital frequency analysis system. (1998).
- Jackson, P., "Design and Construction of a Small Reverberation Chamber," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1679, 2003, doi:10.4271/2003-01-1679.
- ASTM Standard C423, Standard test method for sound absorption and sound absorption coefficients by the reverberation room method. (2009).
- Maa, D. Y., Theory and design of microperforated-panel sound-absorbing construction, Scientia Sinica XVIII, 1975; pp. 55-71.
- Allam, S. and Åbom, M. A New Type of Muffler Based on Microperforated Tubes, ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, Vol. 133, 2013.
- Munjal, M.L., Acoustics of Ducts and Mufflers, 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., West Sussex, United Kingdom, 2014.
|Technical Paper||Prediction of Hydraulic Cavitation Using 1D Simulation|
|Technical Paper||A Predictive Process for Spring Failure Rates in Automotive Parts Applications|
|Technical Paper||Reduced Kinetic Mechanisms for Diesel Spray Combustion Simulations|