This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Impact of Switchable Hydromount during Idle and Ride Performance of Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 05, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Engine mounting system maintains the position of powertrain in the vehicle with respect to chassis and other accessories during inertia, torque reaction loads and roadway disturbances. The mounting system also plays a role in terms of isolation of the rest of the vehicle and its occupants from powertrain and helps in maintaining vehicle ride and handling condition. This paper investigates the performance comparison between hydromount and switchable hydromount during idle and ride performance. The optimization scheme aims to improve the performance of the mounting system in order to achieve overall powertrain performance and NVH attribute balancing through switchable mount technology.
|Technical Paper||Automotive Powerplant Isolation Strategies|
|Technical Paper||Engine Mount Tuning for Optimal Idle and Road Shake Response of Rear-Wheel-Drive Vehicles|
|Technical Paper||Periodic Response of Nonlinear Engine Mounting Systems|
CitationDeshmukh, S. and Hazra, S., "The Impact of Switchable Hydromount during Idle and Ride Performance of Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1826, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1826.
- Gennesseaux, A., "Research for New Vibration Isolation Techniques: From Hydro-Mounts to Active Mounts," SAE Technical Paper 931324, 1993, doi:10.4271/931324.
- Gannon, D. G., Hogland, D. K., and Jomaa, S. M. Multistate switchable engine mount and system, U.S. Patent Application, 12/255,524, (2008)
- Kim, G. and Singh, R. A study of passive and adaptive hydraulic engine mount systems with emphasis on nonlinear characteristics, Journal of Sound and Vibration, Elsevier,179, 427-453, (1995)
- Shang guan, W.B. Engine mounts and power train mounting systems: a review, International Journal of Vehicle Design, 49 (4): 237-258, (2009)
- Truong, T. Q, Ahn, K. K. A new type of semi-active hydraulic engine mount using controllable area of inertia track, Journal of Sound and Vibration
- Müller, M., Eckel, H., Leibach, M., and Bors, W., "Reduction of Noise and Vibration in Vehicles by an Appropriate Engine Mount System and Active Absorbers," SAE Technical Paper 960185, 1996, doi:10.4271/960185.
- Kreis A., Boudart S. - PSA Peugeot Citroën | A. Bellamy - Hutchinson, Reduction of three-cylinder engine vehicle vibrations by use of switchable mounts, Technical Paper automotive NVH comfort, R-2014-09-33
- Gagliano Charles J., Igami Hajime, McCain Daniel S., Kern John Louis, Steinmeyer Christopher L., Ebert Stephen D., Plank Switchable Mount System for A Vehicle and Methods for Controlling the System, US 20150046031 A1.