This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Multi-Media Gateway for Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Much like how mobile phones ceased to be only person-to-person communications devices and became technical platforms, in-vehicle electronic devices will too cease to be solely information devices and become technical platforms incorporating all-encompassing features, including but not limited to ADAS, navigation, communication, and entertainment. This fundamental shift however will require a transformation and redesign of the vehicle’s technical architecture.
Today, a vehicle’s ADAS, communications, and entertainment features exist isolated in separate devices and systems and are purpose built, leading to duplicative functions, increased costs, and difficult control, management, maintenance, and upgrade of the system.
This presentation will illustrate a central control system architecture built around an IoV Gateway, an open hardware platform that integrates ICT devices for future vehicles. Not only will this gateway orchestrate the common devices and CMS as a collective unit, this open architecture will allow for scalable, flexible and easy development of 3rd party equipment, such as V2X, and new applications. New modules and/or software applications for additional features, repairs, and upgrades can be added later without changing the existing system. This will reduce development efforts tremendously as the developer can focus on his or her subject matter expertise by adding on the features or applications onto the platform without changing the underlying system.
CitationShu, K., "A Multi-Media Gateway for Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1695, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1695.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|[Unnamed Dataset 1]|
- Stanford-Clark Andy and Truong Hong Lin. "MQTT For Sensor Networks Protocol Specification v1.2", IBM Paper, November 14, 2013
- http://eclipse.github.io/kura/doc/intro.html, "Eclipse kura, open source framework for IoT introduction"
- http://kafka.apache.org/, "Apache kafka, A distributed streaming platform"
- Keqiang Li, Jianqiang Wang, Feng Gao, lei Zhang, HouDezao , "Vehicle Driving Safety Assistant Systems Based on ITS", Automobile Technology, 2006
- Bonomi Flavi. "The Smart and Connected Vehicle and the Internet of Things", Cisco, 2013
- Daalderop Gerard. "Dependable secure solutions for the connected car", NXP Semiconductors, November, 2014
- Samadi PaymanGuan Hang, Wen Ke, Bergman Kere. "A Software-Defined Optical Gateway for Converged Inter/Intra Data Center Networks", IEEE, 2015