This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New Approach of Tools Application for Systems Engineering in Automotive Software Development
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper outlines the modeling process in SysML (Systems Modeling Language) in context of MBSE (Model Based Software Engineering) as well as the MBD (Model-Based Design) in Simulink and we compare the models to get useful information into software. For this goal, we propose the use of an RM/SM tool (Requirements Management and Systems Modeling) (3SL Cradle) and Matlab/Simulink to model the system, do the system validations, and finally embed the generated code.
For automotive systems, the development process is visualized through the V-Model, which leads to the right choice of components, the integration of the system and the project realization. The first step in V-Model handles the requirements management for the development, i.e., the requirements for a project will be collected in respect to the stakeholder’s needs and system limitations. Then, the next steps consist of modeling the system based on its requirements, going through simulation, system validation through Model-In-the-Loop (MIL), Software-In-the-Loop (SIL), Processor-In-the-Loop (PIL), and Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) tests. For this paper, the chosen modeling language was SysML for the MBSE point of view because it aims to standardize Modeling Design, by unifying diverse modeling languages used by engineers. This language also supports specification, analysis, design, verification, and validation of systems. To get executable models, we use Matlab/Simulink models that are largely used by the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) to develop new products.
Our approach addresses the V-Model through SysML and MBD in Matlab/Simulink towards software validation. To achieve that, we use the commercial RM/SM tool that is used to collect stakeholder’s and system requirements. It provides a SysML design section as well where SysML models can be developed according to project requirements. One of the objectives in using the commercial tool is that it will be possible to analyze the transition from models in RM/SM tools to models for simulation, such as Simulink and offer a new possibility for OEM’s and suppliers to abstract system models into executable models. The main contribution of this paper is that the automotive software development process is showed from its concept to its realization in real systems.
|Technical Paper||Algorithms and Software for Development of Modular Vehicle Architectures|
|Technical Paper||High Performance Code Generation for Audo, an Automotive μController from Infineon Technologies|
CitationSantos, M., Mendes, C., Banik, T., Franco, F. et al., "New Approach of Tools Application for Systems Engineering in Automotive Software Development," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1601, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1601.
- Nunes , L. R. , da Rosa , J. N. H. , Banik , T. M. , Neme , J. H. , Franco , F. R. and Santos , M. M. D. Design of a Embedded Software Controller for a Mobile Seat Platform for Commercial Vehicle IEEE Induscon Paper 2016-11-23 2016
- Pandey , D. , Ramani , A. K. , and Suman , U. An Effective Requirement Engineering Process Model for Software Development and Requirements Management IEEEARTCom 2010-10-16 2010 10.1109/ARTCom.2010.24
- Neme , J. , Santos , M. , and Teixeira , E. Model Based Design for Automobile External Lighting Systems SAE Technical Paper 2015-36-0374 2015 10.4271/2015-36-0374
- Lamm , J. G. and Weilkiens , T. Functional Architectures in SysML Gesellschaft fuer Systems Engineering Tag des Systems Engineering 109 118 2010
- Cortese , D. Efficient CAN Protocol Development Process SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-1607 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1607
- Pearce , P. and Friedenthal , S. A Practical Approach For Modelling Submarine Subsystem Architecture In SysML Submarine Institute of Australia Science, Technology & Engineering Conference 2013 2013
- Heiming , B. and Haupt , H. Hardware-in-the-Loop Testing of Networked Electronics at Ford SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1658 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1658
- Köhl , S. and Jegminat , D. How to Do Hardware-in-the-Loop Simulation Right SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1657 2005 10.4271/2005-01-1657
- Baker , L. Executives Will Want to use MBSE White paper. Systtems Engineering Conference Washington DC 2016