This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Nonlinear Dynamic Control Design with Conditional Integrators Applied to Unmanned Skid-steering Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
A dynamic controller is designed for unmanned skid-steering vehicle. The vehicle speed is controlled through driving torque of engine to achieve the desired vehicle speed and the steering is controlled through hydraulic braking on each side of the vehicle to achieve the desired yaw rate. Contrary to the common approaches by considering non-holonomic constraints, tire slip and saturation of actuators torque influencing the driving and braking are considered, based on the analysis of vehicle dynamic model and nonlinear tire model. Hence, with conditional integrators, the dynamic controller overcoming integral saturation is designed to ensure the accurate tracking for desired signals under influence of tire forces and constraint of actuators. In addition, the exponential kind filter is utilized to enhance the ability of smoothing noise of wheel speed. To perform small radius cornering maneuvers, a dynamic control strategy for steering when vehicle speed is zero is also designed. In the end, the algorithms proposed are verified by real vehicle tests.
CitationZhang, R., Xiong, L., Yu, Z., and Liu, W., "A Nonlinear Dynamic Control Design with Conditional Integrators Applied to Unmanned Skid-steering Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1585, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1585.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Mart Approximating Kinematics for Tracked Mobile Robots International Journal of Robotics Research 24 10 2005 867 878
- Song , Zibin Non-linear observer for slip estimation of skid-steering vehicles IEEE International Conference on Robotics & Automation 2006 1499 1504
- Wilson D G and Robinett R D. Robust adaptive backstepping control for a nonholonomic mobile robot 5 5 2001 3241 3245
- Sheng L , Goldenberg , Robust damping control of wheeled mobile robots Proceedings of the 2000 IEEE International Conferenceon, 2919-2914
- Plaskonka J. The path following control of a unicycle based on the chained form of a kinematic model derived with respect to the Serret-Frenet frame International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics IEEE 2012 617 620a
- Lucet E , Dynamic yaw and velocity control of the 6WD skid-steering mobile robot RobuROC6 using sliding mode technique Intelligent Robots and Systems, 2009. IROS 2009. IEEE/RSJ International Conference on 2009 4220 4225
- Kang J , Skid steering-based control of a robotic vehicle with six in-wheel drives Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D Journal of Automobile Engineering 1 D11 2010 1 23
- Kozłowski , Krzysztof , and Pazderski D. Modeling and control of a wheel skid-steering mobile robot International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Computer Science 14 14 2004 477 496
- Kay , H. S. , and Khalil H. K. Universal controllers with nonlinear integrators Proceedings of the American Control Conference 2002 116 121 1
- Jin , Chi , Path Following Control for Skid Steering Vehicles with Vehicle Speed Adaption SAE Technical Papers 1 2014