This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Vehicle Stability Criterion Research Based on Phase Plane Method
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
In this paper, a novel method is proposed to establish the vehicle yaw stability criterion based on the sideslip angle-yaw rate (β-r) phase plane method. First, nonlinear two degrees of freedom vehicle analysis model is established by adopting the Magic Formula of nonlinear tire model. Then, according to the model in the Matlab/Simulink environment, the β-r phase plane is gained. Emphatically, the effects of different driving conditions (front wheels steering angle, road adhesion coefficient and speed) on the stability boundaries of the phase plane are analyzed. Through a large number of simulation analysis, results show that there are two types of phase plane: curve stability region and diamond stability region, and the judgment method of the vehicle stability domain type under different driving conditions is solved. Finally, different conditions of stability boundary plane database look-up tables are set up, besides, the effects of different conditions on the stability boundary’s relevant design parameters are investigated. This research provides a theoretical basis for the intervention of the stability control system algorithms.
CitationLiu, W., Xiong, L., Leng, B., Meng, H. et al., "Vehicle Stability Criterion Research Based on Phase Plane Method," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1560, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1560.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Lu X. Stability Criterion for the Vehicle under Critical Driving Situation[J] Journal of Mechanical Engineering 2015 51 10
- Zhuoping Y U , Bo L , Lu X , Vehicle Sideslip Angle and Yaw Rate Joint Criterion for Vehicle Stability Control[J] Journal of Tongji University 2015
- Koibuchi , K. , Yamamoto , M. , Fukada , Y. , and Inagaki , S. Vehicle Stability Control in Limit Cornering by Active Brake SAE Technical Paper 960487 1996 10.4271/960487
- Vietinghoff A V , Lu H , Kiencke U Detection of Critical Driving Situations using Phase Plane Method for Vehicle Lateral Dynamics Control by Rear Wheel Steering[J] Ifac Proceedings Volumes 2008 41 2 5694 5699
- Zhang C. , Xia Q. , He L. A study on the influence of sideslip angle at mass center on vehicle stability 2011 Qiche Gongcheng/Automotive Engineering 2011 33 4 277 282
- Liu F , Xiong L , Deng L H , Vehicle stability criterion based on phase plane method[J] Huanan Ligong Daxue Xuebao/journal of South China University of Technology 2014 42 11 63 70
- Ko , Young Eun and Lee Jang Moo Estimation of the stability region of a vehicle in plane motion using a topological approach Int. J. of Vehicle Design 30 3 2002
- Zhisheng Yu Automobile theory 3rd China Machine Press 2005 1
- Mitsche M , Wallentowitz H Vehicle dynamics [M] 4th Beijing Tsinghua University Press 2009
- Bakker E A New Tire Model with an Application in Vehicle Dynamics Studies[C] Auto technologies Conference and Exposition, 1989 Monte Carlo Monaco 1989
- Pacejka H B Tyre and vehicle dynamics [M] Oxford Butterworth-Heinemann 2002
- Chiang H D , Hirsch M W , Wu F F Stability regions of nonlinear autonomous dynamical systems[J] IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 1988 33 1 16 27
- Shi W , Yu Z , Xiong L A vehicle stability control criterion based on time domain disparity of stability variation between dynamic differential systems and actual vehicle[J] Tongji Daxue Xuebao/journal of Tongji University 2015 43 8 1205 1212