This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis of Methods for Solution of Differential Equations of Motion of Inertial Continuously Variable Transmissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The inertial continuously variable transmissions are mechanical transmissions that are based on the principle of inertia. These transmissions have a lot of advantages. Usually, the design of the inertial continuously variable transmissions consists of inertia pulsed mechanism with unbalanced inertial elements and two overrunning clutches. Dynamics of the transmissions is described by systems of substantial nonlinear differential equations. In general, precise methods of solution for such equations do not exist. Therefore, in practice, approximate analytical and numerical methods must be employed. The main analytical methods employ successive approximation, a small parameter, or power series expansion. Each approach has its advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, we need to compare them in order to select the best method for dynamic study of such kind of transmissions. In this paper a comparative analysis of approximate methods of solving of differential equations for the inertial continuously variable transmissions is done. The object of the investigation is structural dynamics of the continuously variable automatic inertial mechanical transmissions. Approximate methods of solving the nonlinear differential equations of motion of inertial transmissions based on a pulsed mechanism are compared. These methods take account of the no uniform driveshaft rotation and the dynamic characteristics of the motor. Analysis of the solutions reveals the best method for dynamic study of the given transmissions. The comparative analysis showed that the best method of approximate solution is the method of a small parameter.
CitationAliukov, S. and Alyukov, A., "Analysis of Methods for Solution of Differential Equations of Motion of Inertial Continuously Variable Transmissions," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1105, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1105.
- Leonov, A.I., "Inertial Automatic Torque Transformers," Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1978.
- Alyukov, S.V. "Improved Models of Inertial Torque Transformers," Russian Engineering Research, 2010, vol. 30, no.6, pp. 535-542.
- Alyukov, S. and Gladyshev, S., "Dynamics of an Inertial Continuously Variable Transmission with High Load Ability," SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-2442, 2013, doi:10.4271/2013-01-2442.
- Aliukov, S. and Gorshenin, V., "On the Question of External Characteristic of the Inertial Continuously Variable Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-1733, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-1733.
- Alyukov, S., "Characteristic of an improved continuous inertial transmission," Russian Engineering Research, 2014, vol. 34, no. 7, pp. 436-439.
- Poletskii, A.T. and Vasin, G.G., "Integrating the Equations of an Inertial Torque Transformer," Dynamics of Machine, Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1969, pp. 64-69.
- Liu, K., Zhang, H., and Bamba, E., "Dynamic Analysis of an Overrunning Clutch for the Pulse-Continuously-Variable-Speed Transmission," SAE Technical Paper 980827, 1998, doi:10.4271/980827.
- Aliukov, S., "Dynamics of inertial continuously variable transmissions." INFRA-M, Moscow, 2013, (in Russian).
- Kremer, J. and Altidis, P., "Roller One-Way Clutch System Resonance," SAE Technical Paper 981093, 1998, doi:10.4271/981093.
- Aliukov, S., Keller, A., and Alyukov, A., "Design and Calculating of Relay-Type Overrunning Clutch," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1134, 2016, doi:10.4271/2016-01-1134.
- Maltsev, V., "Free-Wheel Mechanisms of Roller Type," Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 1968.
- Aliukov, S., "Free-Wheel Mechanisms of Relay Type," Tyazholoye Mashinostroeniye, vol. 12, 2010.
- Aliukov, S., Keller, A., and Alyukov, A., "Dynamics of Overrunning Clutches of Relay Type," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-1130, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-1130.
- Aliukov, S., Keller, A., and Alyukov, A., "Method of Calculating of Relay Type Free-Wheel Mechanism," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2782, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2782.
- Alyukov S., "Relay-type free-wheel mechanism," Russian Engineering Research, 2014, vol. 34, # 9, pp. 549-553.
- Keller, A. and Aliukov, S., "Rational Criteria for Power Distribution in All-wheel-drive Trucks," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2786, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2786.
- Keller, A. and Aliukov, S., "Analysis of possible ways of power distribution in an all-wheel drive vehicle," Lecture Notes in Engineering and Computer Science, vol. 2218, 2015, pp. 1154-1158.
- Keller, A. and Aliukov, S., "Methodology of System Analysis of Power Distribution among Drive Wheels of an All-wheeldrive Truck," SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2788, 2015, doi:10.4271/2015-01-2788.
- Alyukov, S.V., "Improved models of inertial torque transformers," Russian Engineering Research, vol. 30, Issue 6, 2010, pp. 535-542.
- Velikanov, N.L., Koryagin, S.I., Sharkov, O.V., "Definition of Locked-up Stresses around a Rectilinear Welding Seam," IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 124, Issue 1, 2016.
- Sharkov, O.V., Kalinin, A.V., "Kinematic Characteristics of Pulse Speed Regulators," Russian Engineering Research, vol. 29, Issue 6, 2009, pp. 551-554.