This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Method of Acceleration Order Extraction for Active Engine Mount
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The active engine mount (AEM) is developed in automotive industry to improve overall NVH performance. The AEM is designed to reduce major-order signals of engine vibration over a broad frequency range, therefore it is of vital importance to extract major-order signals from vibration before the actuator of the AEM works. This work focuses on a method of real-time extraction of the major-order acceleration signals at the passive side of the AEM. Firstly, the transient engine speed is tracked and calculated, from which the FFT method with a constant sampling rate is used to identify the time-related frequencies as the fundamental frequencies. Then the major-order signals in frequency domain are computed according to the certain multiple relation of the fundamental frequencies. After that, the major-order signals can be reconstructed in time domain, which are proved accurate through offline simulation, compared with the given signals. To verify the real-time performance of the method, a hardware-in-the-loop testing system based on MATLAB xPC target is established. LMS Data Acquisition System is adopted to track rotating speed online and extract major-order signals offline, the results of which are considered as the comparison with the online results from the hardware-in-the-loop testing system. It can be found that the method features high accuracy in extracting order information online with a reduced computational burden, therefore it satisfies the requirement of the real-time control of the AEM.
CitationGuo, R., Gao, J., and Wei, X., "A Method of Acceleration Order Extraction for Active Engine Mount," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-1059, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-1059.
- Mayer , D. , Militzer , J. , and Bein , T. Integrated Solutions for Noise and Vibration Control in Vehicles SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 7 3 1183 1193 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2048
- Sun , G. , Feng , T. , Xu , J. , Li , M. et al. Modified FxLMS Algorithm with Equalized Convergence Speed for Active Control of Powertrain Noise SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 8 3 868 872 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2217
- Liu , Y. Vibration and Noise Improvement on a Balance Shaft Removed Engine Using Active Controlled Mounting System SAE Technical Paper 2013-01-1948 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1948
- Konstantino , A. and Levine , M. Bearing Surface Requirements (Waviness) for Driveline Shafts SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 4 1 352 358 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0228
- Qingpeng KONG , Kaichen SONG , Ying CHEN 2006 Study on least-square adaptive filter order tracking in rotating machinery Journal of Zhejiang University: Engineering Science 40 1648 1651
- Baghi Abadi , M. , Hajnayeb , A. , Hosseingholizadeh , A. , and Ghasemloonia , A. Single and Multiple Misfire Detection in Internal Combustion Engines Using Vold-Kalman Filter Order-Tracking SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-1536 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1536
- Brol , S. and Mamala , J. Application of Spectral and Wavelet Analysis in Power Train System Diagnostic SAE Technical Paper 2010-01-0250 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0250
- Pan Min-Chun , Liao Shiu-Wei 2007 Improvement on Gabor order tracking and objective comparison with Vold-Kalman filtering order tracking Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing 21 2 653 667
- Albright , M. and Qian , S. A Comparison of the Newly Proposed Gabor Order Tracking Technique vs. Other Order Tracking Methods SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-1471 2001 10.4271/2001-01-1471
- Borg , J. , Saikalis , G. , Oho , S. , and Cheok , K. Knock Signal Analysis Using the Discrete Wavelet Transform SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0226 2006 10.4271/2006-01-0226
- Huallpa , B. , Marano , J. , and Arruda , J. Time - Frequency Analysis Techniques Applied to Automotive Noise and Vibration Signals SAE Technical Paper 2008-36-0350 2008 10.4271/2008-36-0350
- Michael , B. , Sullivan , R. , Samaratunga , D. , and Jha , R. Vibration Response and Damage Detection of Carbon/ Epoxy Beams at Elevated Temperatures using the Hilbert-Huang Transform SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2586 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2586