This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Impact of Servo Press Motion on Hole Flanging of High Strength Steels
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
The capabilities of the servo press for varying the ram speed during stroke and for adjusting the stroke length are well known. Various companies installed servo presses for blanking. Some of the considerations may include increase in productivity and flexibility in adjusting the ram stroke, noise reduction and improvement of edge quality of blanked edge.
The objectives of this study are to determine the effect of ram (blanking) speed upon the edge quality, and the effect of multiple step blanking using several punch motions, during one blanking stroke.
CitationStemler, P., Samant, A., Hofmann, D., and Altan, T., "Impact of Servo Press Motion on Hole Flanging of High Strength Steels," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0311, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0311.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Altan , T. & Tekkaya , A.E. 2012 Sheet Metal Forming: Processes andAapplications ASM International
- Atzema E. et al. Europäischer Ringversuch für den Lochaufweitungsversuch nach ISO 16630 Jahrbuch Stahl 2013 Werkstoffe und Anwendungen, VDEh 978-3514 007901 Stahleisen-Verlag 351 362 2013
- Junlapen , K. , Mizuochi , K. & Koga , N. 2010 Reduction in blanking noise using NC servo press machine Journal of the Japan Society for Technology of Plasticity 51 591 353 357
- Ohio 2014 Ohio Development of Services Agency (ODSA) on Advanced Manufacturing Program (Grant No. TECG20141159)
- Osakada , K. et al. 2011 Mechanical servo press technology for metal forming CIRP Annals-Manufacturing Technology 60 2 651 672