This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Physical Drawbead Design and Modeling with ABAQUS/Isight
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
This paper focus on the design approach of mapping the equivalent bead to the physical bead geometry. In principle, the physical character and geometry of equivalent bead is represented as restraining force (N/mm) and a line (bead center line). During draw development, the iterations are performed to conclude the combination of restraining force that obtains the desired strain state of a given panel. The objective of physical bead design to determine a bead geometry that has the capacity to generate the same force as specified in 2D plane strain condition. The software package ABAQUS/CAE/Isight with python script is utilized as primary tool in this study. In the approach, the bead geometry is sketched and parameterized in ABAQUS/CAE and optimized with Isight to finalize the bead geometry.
CitationHuang, L. and Yuan, C., "Physical Drawbead Design and Modeling with ABAQUS/Isight," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0305, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0305.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
|Unnamed Dataset 3|
- Tufekci , S. , Wang , C. , Kinzel , G. , and Altan , T. Estimation and Control of Drawbead Forces in Sheet Metal Forming SAE Technical Paper 940941 1994 10.4271/940941
- Nine H.D. 1978 Drawbead forces in sheet metal forming Koistinen D.P. , Wang N.M. Mechanics of Sheet Metal Forming Plenum Press New York, NY 157 177
- Stoughton TB 1988 Model of drawbead forces in sheet metal forming Keeler SP Proceedings of the 15th Biennial IDDRG Congress 205 215
- Sun , J. , Zhu , X. , Zeng , D. , and Xia , Z. Drawbead Restraining Force Modeling with Anisotropic Hardening SAE Int. J. Mater. Manuf. 3 1 711 715 2010 10.4271/2010-01-0983
- Ren , F. , Chappuis , L. , and Xia , Z. Drawbead Restraining Force Modeling: Nonlinear Friction SAE Int. J. Mater. Manf. 2 1 530 536 2009 10.4271/2009-01-1391
- Abaqus 6.14 - Getting Started with Abaqus : Interactive Edition
- Isight 5.9 - User’s Guide
- Marciniak Z. Mechanics of Sheet Metal Forming Butterworth Heinemann, publication
- Yuan , G. , Ren , F. , Shen , Y. , Huan , L. Draw Bead Strain and Force Calculation for Automotive Sheet Stamping Panel Presentation at SAE International WCX 17: SAE World Congress Experience Apr. 2017