This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Research of the Adaptive Front Lighting System Based on GIS and GPS
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Automotive Front Lighting System(AFS) can receive the steering signal and the vehicular speed signal to adjust the position of headlamps automatically. AFS will provide drivers more information of front road to protect drivers safe when driving at night.
AFS works when there is a steering signal input. However, drivers often need the front road's information before they turn the steering wheel when vehicles are going to go through a sharp corner, AFS will not work in such a situation. This paper studied how to optimize the working time of AFS based on GIS (Geographic Information System) and GPS(Geographic Information System) to solve the problem.
This paper analyzed the process of the vehicle is about to go through a corner. Low beams and high beams were discussed respectively. Taking into account the characteristics of GIS, GPS and driving conditions, this paper researched that when the vehicle derived on the single lane or double lane, the feasibility of the steering side headlight adjusted the position of the front light, and calculated the rotation angle and rotating angular velocity for the headlight, then determined the effective working range of the system. Then, the lighting areas of the system are showed by the simulation.
The results showed that the pre-AFS can make the steering side headlight adjust the position of the lights most effectively before the vehicle go through the corner with the turning radius between 10-40 meters for low beams, and over 40 meters for high beams, it can provide more effective driving visual areas for drivers when they driving at night to reduce the incidence of accidents.
CitationXiong, S., Tan, G., Guo, X., and Xiao, L., "The Research of the Adaptive Front Lighting System Based on GIS and GPS," SAE Technical Paper 2017-01-0041, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0041.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
|Unnamed Dataset 2|
- Friedirch M. Adaptive Lighting System Today and Tomorrow Powerpoint of Adaptive Front lighting System 2013 04 20
- Economic Commission For Europe Regulation No.112[S] 2010 09 20
- Economic Commission For Europe Regulation No.98[S] 2010 10 16
- U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations No.108 2008 03 27
- Chen J. researches the controlling arithmetic based on the Adaptive Front-Light System of the driving simulator Wuhan University of Technology 2009 10.7666/d.y1474874
- Wei X , Zhang X. Research of orientation control of adaptive front lighting Journal of AnHui university of technology and science (natural science) 24 4 23 27 2009 10.3969/j.issn.2095-0977.2009.04.007
- Detlef Decker H K H C. Adaptive Headlights Aim to Ease Nighttime Driving Hazards Photonics Spectra 40 12 2006
- Rudin-Brown C M , Parker H A. Behavioural adaptation to adaptive cruise control (ACC): implications for preventive strategies Transportation Research Part F Traffic Psychology & Behaviour 7 2 59 76 2004
- Cleaver M J , Eriksson E O , Hulse G R. Illumination device for simulation of neon lighting: US, US7188970 2007
- Shadeed H , Wallaschek J , Mojrzisch S. On Intelligent Adaptive Vehicle Front-Lighting Assistance Systems Intelligent Transportation Systems Conference 2007 2007 503 507
- Jiang Y. Research on Active Headlamp System of Automobile South China University of Technology 2010
- Wei Y , Wu X , Ou Y. Positioning and analysis of automotive intelligent follow up lighting system Scientific consult. 43-44 2008
- Technical regulations for operation and beam adjustment of mot or vehicle head-lamp GB1987 7454-1987 1987
- Fang X , Yao Y , Liu J. Study on Advanced Front-lighting System of Intelligent Vehicle Tianjin Auto. 4 17 24 2004
- Xia C , Zeng fa. Ding H. Automobile safety detection technology Beijing 2006
- Liu J , Deng T , Yang L. Rule Analysis and Study on Vehicle Head-lamp Follow-up Turning Bus technology and research 30 9 13 2008
- Li D , Wang S , Du Y,. Research on the Steering Control System of Locomotive Front Illuminator Based on GPS Machine Tool & Hydraulics | Mach Tool Hydrau. 37 141 143 2009
- Regulation on the Implementation of the Road Traffic Safety Law of the People's Republic of China 2016
- Specification for Design of Highway Safety Facilities JTG D81-2006 2006