This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Solder Void Modeling and Its Influence on Thermal Characteristics of MOSFETs in Automotive Electronics Module
ISSN: 1946-4614, e-ISSN: 1946-4622
Published March 28, 2017 by SAE International in United States
Citation: Sridharan, K. and Viswanathan, S., "Solder Void Modeling and Its Influence on Thermal Characteristics of MOSFETs in Automotive Electronics Module," SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars – Electron. Electr. Syst. 10(2):283-289, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4271/2017-01-0011.
- Chan, Y.C., Xie, D.J., and Lai, J.K.L, "Experimental Studies of Pore Formation in Surface Mount Solder Joints," Mater. Sci. Eng. 1996; 38:53-61.
- Zeng, K., and Tu, K.N., "Six Cases of Reliability Study of Pb-Free Solder Joints in Electronics Packaging," Mater. Sci. Eng. 2002; 38:55-105.
- Chang, J., Wang, L., Dirk, J., and Xie, X., "Finite Element Modeling Predicts the Effects of Voids on Thermal Shock Reliability and Thermal Resistance of Power Device," Weld. J. 2006; 85:63s-70s.
- Fleischer Amy, S., Chang Li-hsin, and Johnson Barry, C., "The Effect of Die-Attach Voiding on the Thermal Resistance of Chip Level Packages," Microelectron. Reliab. 2006; 46:794-804.
- Zhu, N., "Thermal Impact of Solder Voids in the Electronics Packaging of Power Devices, " Semiconductor Thermal Measurement and Management Symposium, IEEE,2002.p.22-29.
- Biswal Laxmidhar, Krishna Arvind and Sprunger Doug, "Effect of Solder Voids on Thermal Performance of High Power Electronic Module," Electronics Packaging Technology Conference IEEE; 2005, p.526-531.
- Katsis, D.C., and vanWyk, J.D., "A Thermal Mechanical and Electrical Study of Voiding in the Solder Die-Attach of Power MOSFETs, "IEEE Transactions on Components and Packaging Technologies, Volume: 29, Issue:1, March 2006; p.127-136.
- Liu Chen, Mervi Paulasto-Krockel, Ulrich Frohler, Dirk Schweitzer and Heinz Pape, "Thermal Impact of Radomly Distributed Solder Voids on Rth-JC of MOSFETs, "2nd Electronics System Integration Technology Conference IEEE;2008, p.237-243.
|Technical Paper||Next Generation European Air System|
|Technical Paper||Numerical Investigation of Droplets Condensation on a Windshield: Prediction of Fogging Behavior|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Laboratory Testing of Vehicle and Industrial Heat Exchangers for Pressure-Cycle Durability|