This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Effect of Ethanol Blended Fuel on Fuel Injected Two Wheeler Vehicular Mass Emissions
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 08, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The effect of ethanol blended gasoline fuels on Vehicular mass emissions was investigated on a spark ignited single cylinder closed loop fuel injected vehicle complying Euro III emission norms. Fuels blended with 10(E10) & 20(E10) percentage by volume of ethanol were taken up to study their effect on vehicular mass emissions on World Harmonized Motorcycle Test Cycle (WMTC) without any modification to the vehicle. The cycle is a simulation of real world driving conditions. In WMTC Cycle, maximum CO emissions were obtained with E10 fuel which showed an increase of 13%. THC emissions decreased by 10% and NOx emissions remained the same when the ethanol blend increases. Fuel economy decreases by 5% with use of E20 on the cycle.
CitationSetlur, S., Vemuri, S., Subramoniam, C., and Sharma, R., "Effect of Ethanol Blended Fuel on Fuel Injected Two Wheeler Vehicular Mass Emissions," SAE Technical Paper 2016-32-0075, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-32-0075.
- Sheehan J. V. , Camobreco j. , Duffield m. , Graboski m. , and Shapouri h. 1998 An overview of biodiesel and petroleum diesel life cycles Usa department of agriculture and energy
- bringezu Stefan , schütz helmut , o´brien meghan , kauppi lea et al. 2009 Towards sustainable production and use of resources:assessing biofuels International panel for sustainable resource management
- he Bang-quan , wang jian-xin , hao ji-ming , yan xiao-guang , xiao jian-hua 2003 A study on emission characteristics of an efi engine with ethanol blended gasoline fuels Atmospheric environment (atmospheric environment) 949 957
- hsieh Wei-dong , chenb rong-hong , wub tsung-lin , lin ta-hui 2002 engine performance and pollutant emission of an si engine using ethanol-gasoline blended fuels atmospheric environment 403 410
- ansari Farha tabassum , verma abhishek prakash July 2012 Experimental determination of suitable ethanol-gasoline blend for spark ignition engine International journal of engineering research & technology 1 5
- pikūnas Alvydas , pukalskas saugirdas , grabys juozas 2003 Influence of composition of gasoline - ethanol blends on parameters of internal combustion engines Journal of Kones Internal Combustion Engines 10 3 4
- Heywood , John B. 1988 Internal combustion engine fundamentals Tata McGraw - Hill Inc.