This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Anti-Pinch Mechanism for Power Window
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published February 01, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
New generation automobiles are equipped with power windows which eases the passenger’s effort in moving the vehicle windows up and down. Many of them are stuffed with advanced features like automatic up/down option for ensuring functionality with a single press of the switch. Even though it adds comfort to driver & passenger, inadvertent use of power window can be fatal if a person’s body part gets trapped inside. An effective solution for this problem is anti-pinch mechanism, which releases the object safely just when it gets trapped. It detects the object trapped and immediately moves the window down so that trapped object will get released easily. The anti-pinch algorithm used in this project is based on the “Method of Monitoring Movable Element”, method monitor traveling distance of a power window pane. In order to achieve this different from conventional techniques we are using Ultrasonic sensor. The anti-pinch technology of power window has to meet standards issued by EU and United States. The maximum force a power window is allowed to exert on any object is 100N. Compliance with this limit must be monitored and enforced in a range of 4mm to 100mm from the top window frame, which is successfully meet by prototype designed. The goal of this project is to provide ultimate protection from power window injuries by implementing this simple & effective safety system to vehicles which are already running on road. Compactness & independent functionality ensures great compliance of this accessory with existing power windows.
|Book||ISO GPS Ultimate Pocket Guide|
|Technical Paper||Automobile Climate Measurement using Two Thermal Observation Manikins|
|Technical Paper||DSS, The Driver Stability System of Visteon|
CitationJohn, N., Sherki, M., and Patil, S., "Anti-Pinch Mechanism for Power Window," SAE Technical Paper 2016-28-0197, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-28-0197.
- Schooler Poul T. Anti-pinch power window system US 7021001 B1 2006
- www.kidsandcars.org/ Safe Power Window Campaign - Fact Sheet
- de Frutos X. Anti-Pinch Window Drive Circuit US Patent, US2003/0137265 A1 2003
- Mimuro T. , Miichi Y. Maemura T. , and Hayafune K. Functions and devices of Mitsubishi active safety ASV Proc. Intell. Veh. Symp. 248 253 1996
- Lee H. J. et al. 2005 Robust Pinch Estimation and Detection Algorithm for Low-Cost Anti-Pinch Window Control Systems IEEE, Industrial Electronics 269 274
- Nitsche , B. and Herrmann , R. Direct Sensor Solutions for Anti Pinch and Collision Avoidance for Motorized Closures SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-0637 2009 10.4271/2009-01-0637
- Wahyu K. W. et al. 2011 Current Based Anti-Pinch System for Power Window to Satisfy FMVSS 118-S5 Regulation Proc. Of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering 54 59