This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Control of a Novel Geared Electromagnetic Active Suspension
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A novel geared electromagnetic active suspension is proposed in this paper. A pushing rod and a rocker are introduced to transfer the suspension vertical motion to the rotational motion of the motor. Comparing with the common ball-screw active suspension, it presents advantages of simple structure, easy manufacturing and module design. As the state variables of the suspension system cannot be all obtained for the sake of cost, taking the suspension deflection as the measurement, an output feedback LQR optimal controller is adopted, and it is concluded that the system can be stable with damping. Considering the nonlinearity of equivalent stiffness and unsprung mass caused by the system structure, parameter perturbation ranges are concluded through dynamic analysis, and robust H∞ control algorithm is proposed to realize the multi-objective optimization. The performance comparisons of both controllers mentioned above are carried out in the ADAMS/MATLAB co-simulation to reflect the influence of the nonlinearity of real time in practice. The results conclude that, in real system containing nonlinearity and parameter perturbations, the robust H∞ controller performs better in robustness of improving the ride comfort and handling stability.
|Technical Paper||Ride Comfort Optimization of Electric Wheel Dump Truck Based on a Vehicle Test|
|Technical Paper||The Use of Multi-body Systems Analysis in the Design and Analysis of Vehicle Suspension Systems|
CitationGu, C., Chen, X., and Yin, J., "Design and Control of a Novel Geared Electromagnetic Active Suspension," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1554, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1554.
- Yu , F. , Cao M. and Zheng X. Feasibility Study of Energy Feedback Type Vehicle Active Suspension Journal of Vibration and Shock 24 4 27 30 2006
- Yu , F. and Zhang Y. Technology of Regenerative Vehicle Active Suspension Transactions of the Chinese Society for Agricultural Machinery 41 1 1 6 2010
- Suda , Y. , Suematsu , K. , Nakano , K. and Shiiba , T. Study on Electromagnetic Suspension for Automobiles-Simulation and Experiments of Performance Proceedings of the 5th International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA 699 704 2000
- Cao , M. , Liu , W. and Yu , Fan. Development on Electromotor Actuator for Active Suspension of Vehicle Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 44 11 224 228 2008 10.3901/JME.2008.11.224
- Savaresi , S. M. , Poussot-Vassal , C. , Spelta , C. , Sename , O. et al. Semi-active Suspension Control Design for Vehicles Elsevier 2010
- Esmailzadeh , E. and Bateni , H. Optimal Active Vehicle Suspensions with Full State Feedback Control SAE Technical Paper 922473 1992 10.4271/922473
- ElMadany , M. M. and Abduljabbar , Z. S. Linear Quadratic Gaussian Control of a Quarter-car Suspension Vehicle System Dynamics 32 6 479 497 1999 10.1076/vesd.32.6.479.4224
- Cheok , K. C. , Hu , H. and Loh , N. K. Optimal Output Feedback Regulation with Frequency-shaped Cost Functional International Journal of Control 47 6 1665 1681 1988 10.1080/00207178808906128
- Sun , T. , Yu , F. and Shen , X. Study on Active Suspension Control Based on H ∞ Frequency-shaping Synthesis Journal of Vibration and Shock 25 1 146 149 2006
- Yamashita , M. , Fujimori , K. , Hayakawa , K. and Kimura , H. Application of H ∞ Control to Active Suspension Systems Automatica 30 11 1717 1729 1994 10.1016/0005-1098(94)90074-4
- Sun , W. , Gao , H. and Kaynak , O. Finite Frequency Control for Vehicle Active Suspension Systems Control Systems Technology, IEEE Transactions on 19 2 416 422 2011 10.1109/TCST.2010.2042296
- Gu , D. W. , Petkov , P. H. and Konstantinov , M. M. Robust Control Design with MATLAB Springer Science & Business Media 2005