This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Highly Parallel Computation of Eigenvalue Analysis in Vibration for Automatic Transmission using Sakurai-Sugiura Method and K-Computer
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Efficient method to solve large-scale eigenvalue problem in vibration is presented. NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) performance is an important quality measure of vehicles. Therefore, the reduction of vibration is one of the key considerations of new automatic transmission design. In addition, reduction of product design time is another important requirement. Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) is becoming a more important methodology to reduce product design time. However, computational time of eigenvalue problem takes long. We propose parallel eigenvalue computation (Sakurai-Sugiura method) for large-scale eigenvalue problems. This method has a good parallel scalability according to a hierarchical structure of the method. As the demonstrative problem, we consider large-scale computation of eigenvalue problem for AISIN AW FWD automatic transmission.
CitationIde, T., Toda, K., Futamura, Y., and Sakurai, T., "Highly Parallel Computation of Eigenvalue Analysis in Vibration for Automatic Transmission using Sakurai-Sugiura Method and K-Computer," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1378, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1378.
- Sakurai , T. , Sugiura , H. A Projection Method for Generalized Eigenvalue Problems Using Numerical Integration Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 159 2003 119 128
- Ide , T. , Kosaka , I. , Leiva , J. , and Watson , B. Improvement of NV Performance for Automatic Transmission Using Large Scale Optimization SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0869 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0869
- Kosaka , I. , Leiva , J. , Watson , B. , and Ide , T. Techniques to Accelerate Large Scale Optimization with Large Scale Modal Frequency Response Analysis SAE Technical Paper 2008-01-0872 2008 10.4271/2008-01-0872
- Ide , T. , Otomori , M. , Kitamura , Y. , Kosaka , I. , Leiva , J.P. , Watson , B.C. Improvement of Noise Performance for Automatic Transmission Using Sound Pressure Optimization SAE Technical Paper, (2010), 2010-01-0394
- Kosaka , I. , Leiva , J. , Watson , B. , Adduri , P. et al. Structural Optimization Method and Techniques to Reduce Radiation Noise SAE Int. J. Engines 4 2 2173 2180 2011 10.4271/2011-01-1505
- Ide , T. , Otomori , M. , Leiva , J.P. , Watson , B.C. Structural Optimization Method and Efficient Design of Light and Low Radiated Noise for Automatic Transmission of the Vehicle Structural and Multidisciplinary Optimization 50 6 2014 1137 1150
- Sakurai , T. , Tadano , H. CIRR: a Rayleigh-Ritz Type Method with Contour Integral for Generalized Eigenvalue Problems Proc. The First China-Japan-Korea Joint Conference on Numerical Mathematics, Special Issue of Hokkaido Mathematical Journal 36 2007 745 757
- Ikegami , T. , Sakurai , T. , Nagashima , U. A Filter Diagonalization for Generalized Eigenvalue Problems Based on the Sakurai-Sugiura Projection Method Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics 233 2010 1927 1936
- Ikegami , T. , Sakurai , T. , Nagashima , U. Contour Integral Eigensolver for Non-Hermitian Systems: a Rayleigh-Ritz-type Approach Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics 14 2010 825 837
- Austin , A. P. , Trefethen , L. N. Computing Eigenvalues of Real Symmetric Matrices with Rational Filters in Real Arithmetic SIAM Journal of Scientific Computing 37 2015 A1365 A1387