This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Wear Modeling and Prediction of Off-road Dump Truck Body based on Stochastic Differential Equation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Off-road dump truck body is exposed to abrasive wear during handling of granular materials. The wear rate of body of dump truck has direct influence on maintenance and replacement during its service process. In this paper the discrete element method (DEM) is used to simulate the granular materials of dump truck. The wear of body floor during one dumping process can be achieved by cosimulation of FEM-DEM. The wear depth variation of body has the stochastic characteristic which can be modeled by Geometric Brownian Motion (GBM). The two parameters in the stochastic differential equation, drift coefficient and diffusion coefficient, can be estimated by the wear depth measuring data. It is possible to quantitatively predict the wear evolution of every grid point of the body floor by solving this stochastic differential equation. The simulation result of the wear model is helpful to optimize design of off-road dump truck body.
CitationWei, F., Shen, Y., and Xu, T., "Wear Modeling and Prediction of Off-road Dump Truck Body based on Stochastic Differential Equation," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1329, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1329.
- Poh , K.W. , Dayawansa , P.H. , Dickerson , A.W. et al. Steel membrane floors for bodies of large rear-dump mining trucks Finite Elements in Analysis and Design 32 141 161 1999 10.1016/S0168-874X(99)00011-6
- Shinichi M. , Toshihide S. Development of Equipment Performance Visualization Techniques Based on Distinct Element Method (DEM) Komatsu Technical Report, 2012-58-165 2012 http://www.komatsu.com/CompanyInfo/profile/report/ pdf/165-E04.pdf
- Zeng Q. , Xiao Z.A. , Wang S.H. Modal analysis on dumping truck box body with electric wheels based on MSC Nastran Computer Aided Engeering 22 s1 321 326 2013 http://www.cqvip.com/QK/98105X/2013A01/45954434.html
- Forsström , D. , Lindbäck , T. and Jonsén , P. Prediction of wear in a dumper truck body by coupling SPH -FEM Tribology -Materials, Surfaces & Interfaces . 2014-08-02 2014 10.1179/1751584X14Y.0000000071
- Forsström , D. , Jonsén , P. Load intensity caculations on tipper body using DEM FEM coupling 11th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM XI) 2014 http://www.wccm-eccm-ecfd2014.org/frontal/default.asp
- Lovejoy Carly Good body image Mining Magazine 2012 http://www.miningmagazine.com/equipment/general-equipment/ good-body-image/? SQ_DESIGN_NAME=print friendly
- Archard , J. F. Contact and Rubbing of Flat Surfaces Journal of Applied Physics 24 981 1953 10.1063/1.1721448
- Wang , Z.J. , Zhou Q.H. Applying a population growth model to simulate wear of rough surfaces during running-in Wear 294-295 2012 356 363 2012 10.1016/j.wear.2012.07.028
- Priit , P. , Andersson S. Simulating sliding wear with finite element method Tribology International 32 71 81 1999 10.1016/S0301-679X(99)00012-2
- Ito K. On stochastic differential equations, Memoirs American Mathematical Society 4 1951 1 51
- EDEM 2.6 User Guide