This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Noise Control during Idle Charging for Hybrid Vehicles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) will start the engine which drives its motor to charge the battery even at idle whenever the battery power is detected to be insufficient. The activation of idle battery charging could lead to serious NVH problems if powertrain parameters are not designed or calibrated properly. This work is focused on a noise issue encountered during idle charging for a specific prototype vehicle, and investigates control strategies to contain the noise level. Based on basic principles of automobile vibration and noise control along with the specific characteristics of the hybrid vehicle architecture, this work analyzes and elucidates methods of the engine idle charging noise control from the perspectives of powertrain modal alignment, idle speed optimization, and electric motor control algorithm.
|Technical Paper||NVH-Development of Electric Powertrains - CAE-Methods and NVH-Criteria|
CitationZhao, T., Liu, X., Cao, Y., Li, C. et al., "Noise Control during Idle Charging for Hybrid Vehicles," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1322, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1322.
- Tousignant , T. , Govindswamy , K. , Stickler , M. and Lee , M. Vehicle NVH Evaluations and NVH Target Cascading Considerations for Hybrid Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2362 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2362
- Van der Auweraer , H. and Janssens , K. A Source-Transfer-Receiver Approach to NVH Engineering of Hybrid/Electric Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2012-36-0646 2012 10.4271/2012-36-0646
- Govindswamy , K. , Wellmann , T. , and Eisele , G. Aspects of NVH Integration in Hybrid Vehicles SAE Int. J. Passeng. Cars - Mech. Syst. 2 1 1396 1405 2009 10.4271/2009-01-2085
- Allam , E. , Ahmed , I. , Hammad , N. and Abouel-Seoud , S. Noise Characteristics for Hybrid Electric Vehicle Induction Motor SAE Technical Paper 2007-01-2261 2007 10.4271/2007-01-2261
- Kuang , M. An Investigation of Engine Start-Stop NVH in A Power Split Powertrain Hybrid Electric Vehicle SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1500 2006 10.4271/2006-01-1500
- AFFI , S. NVH Study of Stop & Start System and Optimized Solutions for Hybrid Vehicles SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2068 2014 10.4271/2014-01-2068
- Saad , A. Plug-In Hybrid Vehicle Induction Motor Aerodynamic Noise Evaluation SAE Technical Paper 2009-01-2148 2009 10.4271/2009-01-2148
- Zuo , Y. , Xiang , C. and Yan , Q. Parallel-serial hybrid electrical vehicle control strategy based on dynamic programming algorithm Journal of Jilin University (Engineering and Technology Edition) 2011 41 4 898 903
- Xing , J. , He , H. and Sun , F. Platform of hardware in the loop for hybrid control strategy test Transactions of Beijing Institute of Technology 2010 30 8 887 890
- Xia , D. and Weng , Y. Automatic Control Theory China Machine Press 2010