This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
New-Structure Motor for Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The traction and power generation motors of hybrid electric vehicles need to provide greater output densities. This can be achieved by increasing output and reducing the physical size and weight of the motors. However, there are limits on how much a motor’s output can be increased while simultaneously shrinking the motor’s size, as it is conventionally structured. To address this issue, the authors developed a stator with a new structure to increase motor output and reduce motor size. By simultaneously optimizing magnetic circuit design, they increased maximum torque by 2.6% and maximum output by 8.9% and reduced volume by 23% and weight by 23% compared to motors of conventional structure, all while maintaining the same level of efficiency. The result was top-of-class output and compactness.
CitationInoue, M., Takamatsu, H., Ogami, M., Ninomiya, K. et al., "New-Structure Motor for Full Hybrid Electric Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1225, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1225.
- Higuchi , N. , Sunaga , Y. , Tanaka , M. , and Shimada , H. Development of a New Two-Motor Plug-In Hybrid System SAE Int. J. Alt. Power. 2 1 135 145 2013 10.4271/2013-01-1476
- Takeda , Y. , Matsui , N. , Morimoto , S. , Honda , Y. A design and control of the interior permanent magnet synchronous motor Ohmusha, Ltd. P138 144 2001
- Takasaki , A. , Kamiya , M. , Mizutani , T. , Kaneiwa , H. , Kato , M. , Umeda , A. Motor Stator for Small Hybrid Vehicle JSAE Annual Congress 58-12 5 8 2012
- Rahman , K. , Anwar , M. , Schulz , S. , Kaiser , E. et al. The Voltec 4ET50 Electric Drive System SAE Int. J. Engines 4 1 323 337 2011 10.4271/2011-01-0355
- Umeda , A. , Matsubara , S. Development of a Higher Performance Alternator DENSO Technical Review 7 1 2002
- Ito , K. , Shibata , T. , and Kawasaki . T Development of New Winding for Compact High-voltage Drive Motor SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1221
- Yazaki , M. Vibration Reduction in Motors for the SPORT HYBRID SH-AWD SAE Int. J. Alt. Power. 4 1 153 161 2015 10.4271/2015-01-1206