This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamic Parameters Matching and Powertrain Optimization of an Extended Range City Bus
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 05, 2016 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper focuses on the dynamic parameters matching and powertrain ratio optimization of an ERCB (Extended Range City Bus) for improving fuel economy. Firstly, according to the bus data and design targets of an ERCB, dynamic parameters are matched. Simulation models of each component that makes up the whole powertrain are established depending on the platform of AVL-CRUISE, including battery, motor, main reducer, wheels, etc. Dynamic performance, such as full load acceleration, climbing performance, maximum speed performance and endurance mileage, is simulated successively using AVL-CRUISE. Also the fuel economy performance under Chinese Urban Driving Cycle (CUDC) is worked out. The simulation results of each performance are analyzed. To improve the fuel economy, the transmission ratio and final ratio are optimized with Isight software. Results before and after optimization are compared, which indicate that the bus’s design of driving system is relatively rational and it has a good dynamic and fuel economy performance.
|Technical Paper||The Optimization of Control Parameters for Hybrid Electric Vehicles based on Genetic Algorithm|
|Technical Paper||Powertrain Efficiency Optimization of the Torotrak Infinitely Variable Transmission (IVT)|
CitationWang, Y. and Hui, C., "Dynamic Parameters Matching and Powertrain Optimization of an Extended Range City Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2016-01-1178, 2016, https://doi.org/10.4271/2016-01-1178.
- Xiaohua , Z. , Qingnian , W. , Dafeng , S. , and Weihua , W. System Design and Parameter Matching for the New Generation of Hybrid Electric City Bus SAE Int. J. Fuels Lubr. 1 1 843 848 2009 10.4271/2008-01-1573
- Ehsani , M. , Rahman , K.M. , Toliyat , H.A. Propulsion System Design of Electric and Hybrid Vehicles Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions 44 1 19 27 1997 10.1109/41.557495
- Hwang , S.J. , Chen , J.S. , Liu , L. and Ling , C. C. Modeling and Simulation of a Powertrain-vehicle System with Automatic Transmission International Journal of Vehicle Design 23 1 145 160 2000
- Zoelch , U. , and Schroeder D. Dynamic Optimization Method for Design and Rating of the Components of a Hybrid Vehicle International Journal of Vehicle Design 19 1 1 13 1998
- Yu Z.C. Automobile Theory [M] Beijing China Machine Press 2009
- Hu , M.Y. Development of Powertrain System for Extended-range Electric Vehicle and Research on Energy Optimization Tsinghua University 2012
- Li , T. and Chen , M. Study on Powertrain System of Extended Range City Bus China Mechanical Engineering 14 1759 1763 2011
- Wang , C. , Guo , S.Y. and Liu L. Development and Application of Serial Hybrid Electric Powertrain System in the Bus Chinese Journal of Mechanical Engineering 45 2 18 24 2009
- Hu , P. Optimization of Series Hybrid Bus Based on Fuel Economy Wuhan University of Technology 2009
- Tian , S. , Wang , Y. , and Wu , L. Parameters Matching and Effects of Different Powertrain on Vehicle: Performance for Pure Electric City Bus SAE Technical Paper 2015-01-2799 2015 10.4271/2015-01-2799